Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No remote access to local admin page with the mynetgear account

banditinoz
Apprentice

No remote access to local admin page with the mynetgear account

I used to happily log into my RN10200 remotely and access everything, including the Local Admin page. That was using ReadyCloud, i.e. before the hopeless webpage access we get using mynetgear. The webpage tells me it's only accessible on the same network?

That's pretty useless, as I want to administrate my NAS box remotely as well!

MyNutgear.JPG

I want my admin access back please!

I will add that I can still very happily fully access my ReadyNAS Duo via ReadyNAS Remote, even the admin page. This makes me wonder why I've had a downgrade of my accessibility on a newer product???

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The images did work and I saw them, they just hadn't been approved yet (just fixed that).

Have you tried downloading the ReadyCLOUD app using a different web browser?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What about if you open the ReadyCLOUD app on your PC and go to http://5.XXX.XXX.XXX/admin where 5.XXX.XXX.XXX is the ReadyCLOUD I.P. address of your NAS?

Message 2 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello banditinoz,

Also, if you are on the same network where the NAS is, did you already try getting to http://192.168.0.13/admin and see if it works that way?

Re

Message 3 of 11
banditinoz
Apprentice

There's a ReadyCLOUD app that can be used? I thought it was mo longer used because of the new mynetgear login?

Anyway, I'm unable to download it whenever I try because I get the following message...

corruptcloud.JPG

If I try to go into readycloud via the web I end up with this login screen...

dudcloud.JPG

Which will take me to my readynas no problem, but when I click on the link to the admin page, it issues the message saying I can only log into the local admin page by being on the local network. So the upgrade to mynetgear provides me with a downgrade in functionality. I definitely did have the ability to access the local admin page remotely via the old readycloud login.

I can't imagine why an upgrade would reduce my functionality, so I'm guessing there's something I may have missed. The upgrade to mynetgear did occur when I was overseas and I apparently needed to be able to be right next to my nas to make it work properly, so it made accessing my nas quite hard. Luckily I have team viewer to access my pc at home, but it had to stay on so I could access everything, which defeated the purpose of me having the nas.

Thanks,

Colin...

Message 4 of 11
banditinoz
Apprentice

Hi Jenn,

Yes I can access the local admin page when on the local network without a problem. It's remote access to the admin page I can't get on my RN10200.

I can get to everything on my readynas without any problems, which uses an older os.

Thanks,

Colin...

Message 5 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The ReadyCLOUD app now uses the MyNETGEAR credentials. You can't have ReadyCLOUD and ReadyNAS Remote installed on the one system at the same time however.

Message 6 of 11
banditinoz
Apprentice

I was once able to access both my readynas duo and my RN10200 with the one app, then readycloud was the new "upgrade". However it was a major degradation to the functionality I once had because I could no longer access my Readynas duo. Then when I tried to install readynas remote as well, it uninstalled my readycloud.

That's when I discovered they couldn't both be installed on the same machine, which was hopeless for me and numerous others.

Somewhere in there it changed so that I could no longer access my RN10200 using Readyns remote. So now I had to have either remote or cloud because nobody was clever enough to make it so they could both be used at once and I wasn't impressed with netgear following microsoft's example of removing functionality with a so called "upgrade".

There were a lot of complaints in the netgear community about that downgrade.

Then the readycloud to mynetgear change was implemented and I logged in using mynetgear on the web whilst I was overseas. This made my readycloud interface (app) on my laptop redundant and now I could not access my RN10200 nas using mynetgear either! I was advised I needed to be in the same physical location as the nas, but I was in Dublin so could not be.

Now I had no access to my nas at all, yay. Luckily I have Team Viewer and once someone was able to get to my pc to turn it on, I could access my stuff again. My pc now having to stay on sucked, because one reason I set up my nas was so I didn't need to leave the pc on. Also the internet I used in Ireland was wi-fi over the air for 90% of the time, so pretty bad.

Now I'm back in Australia and I can access my RN10200, only via the readycloud webpage. If I download the readycloud app from the netgear website, my laptop and pc tell me that the signature is corrupt and my only option is to delete it. So I can't download the readycloud "app", I can't access the local admin page on my RN10200 from the readycloud web interface, and I still can't remotely access my readynas duo.

Nobody could fix my qbittorrent problem (yet another story, lol), so now I just want at least something back from this new mynetgear approach to doing things,

i.e. remote access to my RN10200 with access to the local admin page, like I used to have.

Thanks...

Message 7 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The images did work and I saw them, they just hadn't been approved yet (just fixed that).

Have you tried downloading the ReadyCLOUD app using a different web browser?

Message 8 of 11
banditinoz
Apprentice

Cheers,

I saw they'd worked after I posted and removed the comment about them not posting, then saw your post.

Anyway, I was only using IE to download before and that's when delete was the only option. Then I used Chrome and windows told me it was an unknown app it was protecting me from. So I pressed install anyway and of course it unistalled readynas remote.

Voila! I could install readycloud, run the app and access my local admin page remoptely.

Thanks very much for your help and I can't believe I didn't try that!!!!

Now I'm happy because I can access my RN10200 local admin page remotely. It would be really nice if there was also a way to access my Readynas duo though... 🙂

Message 9 of 11
banditinoz
Apprentice

Oops! I marked my response as the solution, when in reality the solution was given to me by mgdm, i.e. try another browser to download the readycloud app, which I did.

Then I installed readycloud even though windows 10 didn't want me to and voila, I got everything I wanted from the readycloud.

Now just make it so I can access my Readynas duo remotely as well, thanks! 🙂

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@banditinoz wrote:

Oops! I marked my response as the solution, when in reality the solution was given to me by mgdm, i.e. try another browser to download the readycloud app, which I did.

Fixed that for you.

@banditinoz wrote:

Now just make it so I can access my Readynas duo remotely as well, thanks! 🙂

Wish I could, but ReadyCloud doesn't support it.  ReadyRemote should still work.

Personally I've switched to OpenVPN (my R8500 supports it).  That doesn't allow sharing with friends, but it is great for simple remote access.  I also forward FTP, which gives me a backup method in the odd cases where VPN connections aren't allowed.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements