Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No shares on readycloud

dsm1212
Apprentice

No shares on readycloud

For some reason I cannot get any shares on readycloud OS6.2.2 with my pro-6. Also, when I'm on my lan and click discover it never finds my pro-6. If I enter my serial number it will find it and it gets added to my account on readycloud, but still no shares. I log into readycloud.netgear.com and my system is listed there with no shares. I did open port 6300 both UDP and TCP. I also went into the Remote settings and enabled the section that says port 6300, not sure if that is necessary. The setup video's make no mention of anything other than just turning on readycloud, but that didn't work for me. The video makes no mention of port 6300 though so I don't know how that video would ever work for anyone. Very confusing. Any suggestions?

thanks
steve

Message 1 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: No shares on readycloud

See if this will apply:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79426
Message 2 of 6
dsm1212
Apprentice

Wierd, but no unfortunately my usernames are unrelated to the nas name. thanks though.
Message 3 of 6
dsm1212
Apprentice

Nothing worked so I turned it back off. I'll probably install pydio.
Message 4 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

try assigning static DNS

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Message 5 of 6
dsm1212
Apprentice

I already had static dns, but I tried the google ones and they made no difference. However, maybe I have a misunderstanding here. I was trying to see shared files via the web (signing in at readycloud.netgear.com). I downloaded the app and installed. After doing that I could browse the files from windows using the tray tool. The web interface looks like it has a browse capability, but maybe not? Also, the admin link to the nas says I'm not on the same lan, but the two devices are on the same switch :-).

steve
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements