Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Online (VPN Disconnected) on a Mac - NOTE NEVER SOLVED FOR ANYONE IN NEARLY 10 YEARS!

DBVD
Aspirant

Online (VPN Disconnected) on a Mac - NOTE NEVER SOLVED FOR ANYONE IN NEARLY 10 YEARS!

This issue has been happening as early as 2015, based on the oldest Community posting I found.

Note this: Many posts are marked SOLVED - They are NOT solved, and these so-called solved statuses should be retracted immediately.

I have read many posts here (wasted a lot of my time) and nothing fixes this issue for me and many others, as can be read in many posts. Is there not anyone at Netgear who can solve this after nearly 10 years? Is this not ridiculous and unacceptable?

Will anyone from Netgear even bother to respond to this post and work until actual resolution IS achieved? Is it even worth my time to list information about this? I will try, otherwise it could be said I didn't give Netgear a chance. Let's see where this goes...

- This issue is on a Mac

- macOS is Big Sur, 11.6.6

- As previously stated, this issue has persisted for nearly 10 years now, on MANY older versions of macOS

- I DID have a SonicWall VPN installed, which was only for testing, and I don't use it. So I uninstalled it, deactivated the VPN connection from Network settings, and then even deleted it. I also ran CCleaner for Mac to completely get rid of it.

- My network is very simple, one network with everything on a flat 192.168.0.x network, no other subnets, VLANs or anything "exotic"

- I restarted the Mac

- I powered down and restarted my ReadyNAS RN-214 with the latest FW available as of today - 6.10.7.

- I have uninstalled ReadyCLOUD for macOS and reinstalled with latest download as of today

- Also used CCleaner to completely remove ReadyCLOUD

- ReadyCLOUD for Windows 10 works fine, no issue at all, from several Windows machines

- I also tried going into Admin Page > Cloud, and turning Off "ReadyCLOUD" and then back on

- Again, I HAVE power cycled the ReadNAS

== EVERYTHING I HAVE TRIED DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM ==

* NETGEAR * If there is ANYONE there who cares, please do two things:

1) Go and search the "Community" here for "Online (VPN Disconnected) Mac". Note that NONE of these so labeled "SOLVED" postings are actually solved.

2) PLEASE escalate this to very upper management! Going on 10 years without a solid, lasting resolution is ridiculous and shameful, is it not?

Is there ANYONE there competent enough to now pickup MY REPORTED CASE HERE and follow it though to a SUCCESSFUL and lasting resolution?

If so, thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 10
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Online (VPN Disconnected) on a Mac - NOTE NEVER SOLVED FOR ANYONE IN NEARLY 10 YEARS!

@DBVD

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried logging a case for this issue with Support? If you have already filed a case for this can you send me a PM regarding this one so I can get this checked. If you have not created one yet and your ReadyNAS is registered to a MyNETGEAR profile you own I would encourage you to create one so we can get this escalated. I'd like to get this resolved.

Please provide me the logs to your NAS as well information on the Mac device.

HTH

Message 2 of 10
DBVD
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply and interest in helping with this.

My ReadyNAS 214 IS registered with MyNETGEAR account.

I will see if it's possible to PM you the logs with my equipment information and logs. I want to provide you with the information as quickly as I can.

I do not believe NETGEAR allows us to file support requests if our products are no longer under warranty, which is another very disappointing aspect to this ordeal. If you know of a way around this, I would like to hear it.

Thank you

Message 3 of 10
DBVD
Aspirant

I cannot find a way to send you my log files and information securely. Is there a way for us to do this?

I tried going to MyNETGEAR where my NAS is registered, but I cannot create a support ticket without paying.

NETGEAR not looking too good on support to their customers of their products.

Message 4 of 10
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DBVD

Can you use a file sharing app or service and provide me a link to download it?

If you can't create a case on your profile please send an e-mail to readynassupport@netgear.com. This should create a case for you automatically that will go to the ReadyNAS Support team. You can also provide the logs to them via Email.

HTH

Message 5 of 10
DBVD
Aspirant

Hello and thank you once again for your timely response. You are giving me hope that this might actually get resolved, and I greatly appreciate your support with this.

I have done as you suggested and sent an email including all information to date. I also attached the log files, so thank you for your excellent recommendations.

Thank you again. I am available and eager to help in any way I can to get this resolved.
Message 6 of 10
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DBVD

I am following the case now and will make sure to check. I have removed the case number on your post.

Message 7 of 10
DBVD
Aspirant

Thank you very much for all. Sounds great and I am very hopeful.

If techs need to remote into the Mac to troubleshoot, that's not a problem.

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 10
DBVD
Aspirant

UPDATE:

I created a macOS test user account profile. The issue happens in this account also.

Message 9 of 10
Osmium
Guide

Same here.

i got 7 users now who cannot acces readycloud vpn on mac saying (disconnected) 

We are going to completely move away from netgear because this issue is now more then 3 months and still no solution that fully works.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements