Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Online (VPN Disconnected)

ivanmalek
Aspirant

Ok, issue still remains. Now because it's been more than 90 days since the purchase, I apparently have to purchase a support ticket, which is kind of a bummer, since one would expect the device to ...well... work.

Is it possible to downgrade firmware? Because it did work at one point for a brief period of time.

I'm honestly getting fed up with spending days trying to get a product to work, that should work pretty much out of the box. This isn't why I bought a "solution".

Message 26 of 37
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ivanmalek,

For real time support you may avail phone support contract. As for the firmware downgrade,support does not recommend rolling back to previous firmware's. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 27 of 37
Comon11_2
Aspirant

I am having same problem and I have updated my Nas box (RN20200) with the latest firmware. I am running latest Mac OSX. I can only connect to my NAS box using readycloud when I am on the same Lan. So in my mind there must be some ports in the FW that need to be open. Do any out there got any Ideas.

Message 28 of 37
ivanmalek
Aspirant

good thinking... while I didn't find any problems with the firewall on my PC, there could be a problem in the settings of my router, that the NAS is connected to?

Message 29 of 37
Comon11_2
Aspirant

I can see that it is another interface that are used when using the readycloud app compared to using the web-interface. I can access my NAS box via web interface, but not via the app. Anyone knows the different access methods ports etc ?

Message 30 of 37
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Comon11_2,

ReadyCloud only has 2 ways to be accessed via web portal and via readycloud app.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 31 of 37
Comon11_2
Aspirant

But what is the different between webaccess and acccess via readycloud app. Are different ports used to conect to NAS box ?

Message 32 of 37
StephenB
Guru

@Comon11_2 wrote:

But what is the different between webaccess and acccess via readycloud app. Are different ports used to conect to NAS box ?

If you are away from home, the VPN is used to connect the NAS.  The Readycloud APP also connects over the VPN.  But the web portal connects via the web ( Smiley Surprised )

If you are local, the VPN still connects the NAS to the web, but the app should connect directly to the NAS.

Message 33 of 37
ivanmalek
Aspirant

ok, so if I understand you correctly, if I'm not local, both the app and web portal should connect to the NAS in the same way. Can you imagine a reason, why on a non-local computer, the web portal works as it should, but the app fails to connect to the NAS?

Message 34 of 37
StephenB
Guru

@ivanmalek wrote:

ok, so if I understand you correctly, if I'm not local, both the app and web portal should connect to the NAS in the same way. Can you imagine a reason, why on a non-local computer, the web portal works as it should, but the app fails to connect to the NAS?

It suggests that the non-local computer isn't connecting to the VPN.

Message 35 of 37
ivanmalek
Aspirant

ok... a few weeks have passed, still no solution to this problem. I'd be really thankful if someone could just read through the thread and give some advice a layman could follow.

Message 36 of 37
StephenB
Guru

You might be better off "biting the bullet" and getting paid support.

Or switch to a different VPN technology like ZeroTier.  See https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ZeroTier-and-the-ReadyNAS/m-p/1163028#M118703

There's an app for that here: https://github.com/NAStools/zerotierone/releases/tag/readynas%2F1.1.14-nt3

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements