Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PRJNAME

Gruncle1
Guide

PRJNAME

I'm getting this funny little popup that wants me to log onto something called "PRJNAME".  My regular logon doesn't work.  What is this?  And what do I do about it?

Message 1 of 20
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: PRJNAME

Hello Gruncle1,

I have some questions to ask.

• How do you get this pop up message?
  • Can you post a screenshot?
  • What is the model number and firmware version of your NAS?

Regards,

Message 2 of 20
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gruncle1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 20
Gruncle1
Guide

Sprry for the delay..

It seems to pop up whenever I logon to the computer.

I have  A NAS 202   Firmware version is 6.6.0

I can't attach a screen shot because your system wil notlet me look below the folder level.

All it is is a popup in the bottom right of the screen.  With PRJNAME in a blue title field.

Message 4 of 20
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Gruncle1,

To attach a file, try saving the image to desktop then when you reply to this post, right below the message box there is an option to attach a file. You may also upload the file to wikisend.com or any file sharing site and share the download link to me.

May I also know how this is related to ReadyNAS?

Regards,

Message 5 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

To attach a file, try saving the image to desktop then when you reply to this post, right below the message box there is an option to attach a file.

Also you can attach an image using the image tool in the bar right below the "rich text" tab.  It's two icons to the right of the smilely face used to insert emoticons.

Message 6 of 20
Gruncle1
Guide

It seems we've lost the queston in the dust.  What is thispopup and what do I do about it?

Message 7 of 20
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Gruncle1,

We need to know what it looks like because it does not sound familiar. It is possible that it has nothing to do with the NAS, that is the reason why we are requesting for a screenshot, to know how it is related to your NAS and if it really is.

Regards,

Message 8 of 20
Gruncle1
Guide

Ok, I tried that again after moving the image fileto the desktop.   Apparently, it only wants certain (unspecified) file types and .doc is notone of them.    I had used .doc beause I know it will always be there.  Next time it pops up I'll try again.

Message 9 of 20
Gruncle1
Guide

I still can't get your system to accept my screenshot, so I can't show it to you.  Your add image menu only wants some kind of image file.  I've tried .doc file and .html and your system won't allow them.

It is a Netgear popup, because I clicked on one of the buttons near the bottom of the page and it took me to your web site.

What can I do to show it to you?  If I gove you more of what's on the popup will that help?

Message 10 of 20
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gruncle1,

Try saving the screenshot using paint or any imaging software. It should provide an extension which will be accepted by the system.

Regards,

Message 11 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@Gruncle1 wrote:

I still can't get your system to accept my screenshot, so I can't show it to you.  Your add image menu only wants some kind of image file.  

Use png

Message 12 of 20
Gruncle1
Guide

Okay, I think I finally got it.  After discorvering the Windows Snipping Tool. ALso, when I click on the "Login Policy" link, it takes me to  a page on the Netgear website.

prjnamesnip.JPG

Message 13 of 20
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Gruncle1,,

That seems to be a window of ReadyCloud but with a PRJNAME title instead of ReadyCloud. Is it popping up on the bottom right corner of the screen? Please check what version as well by clicking its small settings icon on the bottom corner then click Settings, then General tab.

Regards,

Message 14 of 20
bedlam1
Prodigy

A google of PRJNAME returns issues with Java, maybe an update or re-install of Java on the PC could fix the problem???

Message 15 of 20
Gruncle1
Guide

Thaks, I'll do that and get back to you.

Happy New Year.

Message 16 of 20
Gruncle1
Guide

Yeah, I noticed that when I did a search.  My Java is up to date as of 12/28, but I got another occurrence this am.

As I mentioned, clicking the links takes me to the Netgear site, so this would appear to be a Netgear problem.

Message 17 of 20
bedlam1
Prodigy

Well it was worth a try

Happy New Year to you too

Message 18 of 20
ChristianST
Aspirant

Hello, 

same problem here for a few days now. Only on 1 Windows 10 PC the Redaycloud App looks like the screenshot, it's not saving the login details anymore - and tells me the NAS ist online, but disconnected... 

I've updated Java (no change) and reinstalled the Readycloud App several times. 

Ans suggestions? 

Thanks 

Christian

Message 19 of 20
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ChristianST,

This is an old thread. Please create your new thread and post some screenshots too with information of the issue you have. 

Regards,

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements