Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R2304 v6.9.5 - Google Drive not syncing

onStephen
Aspirant

R2304 v6.9.5 - Google Drive not syncing

Just got this last week and it's generally working well. I setup a one-way sync (local to cloud) to Google Drive on the cloud tab, and it shows connected with plenty of space available (I have  a 1TB Google Drive with +800GB free), but 4 days later and it has never synced so much as a single file, the destination folder on GDrive remains completely empty. There are no errors in the log, it just doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have disconnected and reconnected several times, and have tried multiple Google accounts. They all go through the setup fine, the Cloud tab always shows it connected and happy -- but nothing more happens.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi  onStephen,

Is the status of the Google disk showing red? Please try to leave and re-login.

Message 2 of 6
onStephen
Aspirant

It's green, and has been green with every account I've tried. (So I have done "leave" several times already to switch accounts) It might show blue for a few seconds, when it says it's syncing, then it quickly goes green. Looks like it may just be an issue with the Home share. I created a new CIFS/SMB share and it seems to sync to GDrive as expected. The Home share though never syncs. There are no errors in the logs, sync related or otherwise. Is /data/home a special path excluded from cloud sync?

Thoughts? Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

/data/home, It can also be synchronized.   You can also create a folder synchronization. 

Message 4 of 6
onStephen
Aspirant

Right, but then that's exactly the thing.... the home folder won't sync or snapshot even though it "should". all other shares are working fine it would seem, just home seems confused for some reason and isn't working like it should. can i delete and recreate the entire home share and just start over without losing other data? Home seems clearly confused and to not be working as it should.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

It is best to have a backup before deleting. You can change the local directory and try again.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements