Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RD102 Half our users can't remote access shares on the NAS since changing to ReadyCloud

mr__d
Follower

RD102 Half our users can't remote access shares on the NAS since changing to ReadyCloud

Since upgrading to the latest firmware, remote access to the NAS is no longer working correctly. I have done all the administration and users have received invites to access the NAS. All can logon, but only half can see the any shares. I can't see what the difference is between the users that work and those that don’t. Some are NAS administrators, some are standard users.

I have:

Ensured all users are logging on using My NetGear accounts.

Rebooted the NAS.

Turned on and off ReadyCloud on the NAS.

Deleted the users Cloud Access from the NAS and recreated it multiple times.

Shared / unshared multiple different folders.

The results are the same. Users that worked in the beginning still work, and with whatever folders I give them access to. Users that didn't work initially still don't, despite me receiving emails saying the share has been created, permissions have been updated and links to accept the connection.

I would like to try deleting the My Neatgear accounts and starting again with the users that are causing problems, but I can't find an option to do this either.

Finally when a user that can't see the shares logs on they see the NAS under ReadyCloud Home Tab, and there is the same blue handshake icon as the users that can see their files. The only difference is no matter how many times you refresh / log in and out, no folders populate under the NAS icon.

I have read that a full factory reset may solve the issue, but this realy isn’t a viable option. Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks Kris

Message 1 of 2
acook
Aspirant

Re: RD102 Half our users can't remote access shares on the NAS since changing to ReadyCloud

I'm chiming in that I have a similar issue as well. However, in mine I can browse the share but all sub-folders in it appear empty. Admin account displays correctly. User has read/write access to the share. Sub-folders show as empty. Have tried re-inviting already.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements