Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

READYCLOUD: error in file name when downloading from readycloud

paolobenve
Aspirant

READYCLOUD: error in file name when downloading from readycloud

I report a bug accessing files on my nas at http://readycloud.netgear.com/

When I donwload a file with spaces inside name, downloaded file has spaces converted to + plus

Model: ReadyNASRNDP2220|ReadyNAS Pro 2 4TB (2 x 2TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: READYCLOUD: error in file name when downloading from readycloud

Hello paolobenve,

It does appear that files downloaded from the NAS via ReadyCloud changes the space to + on the file name. There is a possibility we are looking possible issue can please provide screen shots of the problem. Also I do have several questions I would like to verify.

1. Are you downloading the files via web portal or via ReadyCloud desktop app or getting same result of both option?

2. Have you tried downloading the files from different browser and computer?

3. Have you tried downloading it form different site (ex. from office or home) are getting the same result?

4. What firmware version the NAS is running at?

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello paolobenve,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
paolobenve
Aspirant

1. Are you downloading the files via web portal or via ReadyCloud desktop app or getting same result of both option?

web portal, accessed

2. Have you tried downloading the files from different browser and computer?

yes, same error with latest chrome, chromium and firefox 

3. Have you tried downloading it form different site (ex. from office or home) are getting the same result?

I have three ubuntu 16.04 pc's, only one gives me the problem. That's weird.

4. What firmware version the NAS is running at?

latest, 6.8.1

Message 4 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello paolobenve,

I have not seen any issue raise similar to this problem we are encountering for isolation can I ask for screen shot of before and after you download file/s from readycloud. Also if possible to give us an invite on let us say a test share via readycloud so we can try it on our end.

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello paolobenve,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi paolobenve,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

This is an known issue. If your PC and nas are in same LAN, try to download file/folder name include space, don't have this issue.  If your PC and nas are in different network, see this issue.

We have filed a bug to track this.

Thanks again.

Best Regards.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements