Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN 516 Not allowing local login

Tryll
Guide

RN 516 Not allowing local login

My RN516 won't allow me to access it locally, either for file access, or the admin page. Attempting to login as a drive gives me messages like "there is no share of this name". Attempting to login to the admin page it goes immediately to the password recovery page, where it says that password recovery is not available.

HOWEVER, connecting to it via ReadyCloud, the unit claims to be healthy, and is browseable.

I don't understand how that can be. How can I fix this?

Model: RN51661E|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x1TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Tryll wrote:

Attempting to login to the admin page it goes immediately to the password recovery page, where it says that password recovery is not available.

It is possible that the browser has the wrong password saved for the NAS, and is attempting to log in with that password automatically.  You could try looking for that in the browser settings.  Or of course try a different browser.

@Tryll wrote:

Attempting to login as a drive gives me messages like "there is no share of this name".

Can you give us more details on how you are doing this?

Message 2 of 6
Tryll
Guide

Thanks for the reply StephenB, much appreciated.

You may be right about the admin page login, I'm still troubleshooting that, but it does look like the browser is autofilling something incorrectly.

With regard to connecting to the file server, I was basically hitting my shortcuts (alias) I've always used for AFP access. The Mac Finder would bring up a list of shares, and when I tried selecting one, I get the message that "the share does not exist on the server"

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Tryll wrote:

With regard to connecting to the file server, I was basically hitting my shortcuts (alias) I've always used for AFP access. The Mac Finder would bring up a list of shares, and when I tried selecting one, I get the message that "the share does not exist on the server"

But you can access the files in the shares with ReadyCloud?

Message 4 of 6
Tryll
Guide

But you can access the files in the shares with ReadyCloud?

Yes exactly. The shares are available via ReadyCloud, and the files can be accessed.

I've made some progress locally, I've managed to update the firmware to 6.10.1, and reboot the NAS. I've been able to log in via AFP, but it is acting extremely slowly... like it is super-busy. 

I'm planning to spend some more time on this on Monday.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Tryll wrote:
but it is acting extremely slowly... like it is super-busy.

Is it resyncing?  You might want to download the full log zip file, as there likely are some clues in there.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements