Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 Cloud Error: Services Offline (Cannot Attach Device)

jrmitchell001
Aspirant

RN102 Cloud Error: Services Offline (Cannot Attach Device)

Ok, getting fed up with this...

RN102 on a R7000 Nighthawk router, and cannot get the NAS to come up on cloud and access remotely, will only do local

I have searched high and low on this forum and over the net, and have found nothing that helps me figure out the problem here.  I've tried everything I can think of and what folks have encountered via this forum (no particular order below)...

Device is discovered and connected using ReadyCloud App.

Tried Secondary DNS settings: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Port Forwarding is enabled on the router, using FTP service and set the ip address for the NAS.

Proxy Server Box is not checked.

No error logs.

Dynamic DNS Service is checked under router configuration, using NETGEAR as service provide, and is configured to mynetgear account.

VPN service is enabled on the router as well.

Tried with and without IPV6 (whatever that is).

ReadyCloud is on on the NAS admin page, internet availability is checked/green.

Tried with "specify port incoming connections" both checked and unchecked under cloud settings.

On the NAS admin page, I do not get the "share" button on the top right side, but not sure if that is the root cause of the problem, or if I don't get that option because I don't have cloud services up and running.  I have combed through both the RNAS manual, cloud app, and my router manual, with no clues as to what is causing cloud services to remain unavailable.

I'm so disappointed in the lack of guidance in the manuals and online on setting up and troubleshooting cloud issues for this system, and while I'm not an IT guru, I know enough to get into trouble, and feel like its one small step I missed or something, yet here I am despirate to find out what it is.  I'm literally about to order a QNAP today (great deal on bestbuy.com right now) and be done with NETGEAR on this, but want to give the forum one last try.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN102 Cloud Error: Services Offline (Cannot Attach Device)

There were some issues with a configuration file as you last did a factory reset on some very old firmware on this box. I manually fixed this config file. Hopefully that has resolved it. If not further investigation will be required.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jrmitchell001,

I apologize for the issues that have been going on with your ReadyNAS.

If I may ask; what firmware are you currently running?

We have a newly released firmware and it has some important updates as well as bug fixes, some of which would probably be solving that issues with your ReadyNAS.

ReadyNAS OS 6 Software Version 6.6.1

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
jrmitchell001
Aspirant

Running V 6.6.1.  Still have the issue.

Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 4 of 8
jrmitchell001
Aspirant

Logs sent.  Hope you see something I don't, because there are no errors or warnings that I can tell.  Thanks.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There were some issues with a configuration file as you last did a factory reset on some very old firmware on this box. I manually fixed this config file. Hopefully that has resolved it. If not further investigation will be required.

Message 6 of 8
jrmitchell001
Aspirant

Well after a couple weeks I'm happy to report that the manual fixes mdgm made have been working.  Still not sure how or why this was such a problem, and hopefully the NETGEAR team can provide an automated fix in lieu of a manual one, but in the mean time, if anyone finds themselves having fits with services being unavailable, and is a novice home network techie, the fix may be beyond your expertise, and will want to contact the team here.

Thanks again for the help mdgm, much appreciated.

Jason

Suffolk, VA

Message 7 of 8
vandermerwe
Master

I have the same error appearing, I'm assuming there are several possible causes, but I shuddered when I read the comment that you had not factory defaulted for a while.  I have not factory defaulted since 6.1.5 and I really hope that a factory reset doesn't become a solution.  Is there perhaps a way for a user to diagnose and fix this using ssh mdgm?

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements