Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 doesn't come back up fully after timed powerdown/up

carrtim1
Aspirant

RN102 doesn't come back up fully after timed powerdown/up

Hi everyone

This has happened a couple of times now. I set the timer to power down the NAS at night and back up in the morning.

I get an email saying the NAS has powered down but don't get one to say it's started up again. I log in to ReadyCLOUD and it says it's offline. To get it going again I have to reboot the NAS but the last time I did this it still didn't show online and attempting to gracefully power it down didn't work so had to pull the power cable.

If I don't use the timer and power the NAS down and up it seems to be ok, sending email as it goes down and another when it's started. It's just as soon as I set the timer to do it it has a wobble.

Has anyone else had this happen or is it just me?
Message 1 of 12
vandermerwe
Master

Re: RN102 doesn't come back up fully after timed powerdown/u

Does the Nas actually shut down completely when it's supposed to?
Could you post a screenshot of your power on off schedule or the times you have set each day.
What firmware are you running?
Message 2 of 12
carrtim1
Aspirant

Hi ya

Yes it appears to shut down fully, no lights are on and no fan noises. The firmware version is 6.1.4 . I have a take a screenshot of timing schedule but can't figure out how to attach it but basically
Monday to Friday: On at 6am / Off at 11pm
Saturday and Sunday: One at 10am / Off at Midnight

Looking at the log view the admin console everything looks fine.

Many thanks in advance
Message 3 of 12
vandermerwe
Master

You won't necessarily get an email to say its up, I don't.
Is there some evidence it's on at the time it's scheduled to come on?
If there is and you can't access using readycloud, does raidar see the Nas or can you access the shares?

Try an OS reinstall using the boot menu, if that doesn't help contact support
Message 4 of 12
carrtim1
Aspirant

Hi ya

The plot thickens. I just did a power down and up and it came up ok (i.e. all lights on) yet raidar and ReadyCLOUD couldn't see it. So powered it down again, rebooted my router (a Netgear N300), powered up the NAS and it could be seen by raider and ReadyCLOUD. Hmmmm, now I'm confused. Father Christmas is bringing me a new router so maybe that will solve the mystery.
Message 5 of 12
vandermerwe
Master

Try using a fixed IP address for the Nas if you aren't already.
Message 6 of 12
carrtim1
Aspirant

Hi ya

Tanks for the replies. Ok, I've reserved the IP in my router and set it to the same static IP on the NAS. I've just done 5 power downs and power ups and it's connected every time. I will re-enable the timer and see what happens in the morning.

Thanks again for all your input.
Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

If you've reserved the IP in the router, there is no reason to use a static address in the NAS. So if this works, try going back to dhcp in the NAS.
Message 8 of 12
carrtim1
Aspirant

Thanks everyone. This morning it powered itself back on and connected no problem. Will give it a few more days and see if that's cracked it.
Message 9 of 12
carrtim1
Aspirant

Hi

Well today the NAS powered up but it couldn't be seen via ReadyCLOUD, ReadyREMOTE or Raidar.

Powered it down by pressing the power button twice, waited a few minutes, powered it back up. Everything looked ok on the NAS but still no access.

Powered it down again by pressing the power button twice, this time I powered the router down, powered the router back up and then powered the NAS back up. Access ok again.

No sure what else to try now. Not sure if it's the router causing problems (I have had it a few years now) or it's firmware causing it or something else.

Thanks again
Message 10 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Maybe next time start by rebooting the router, and see if that is enough.
Message 11 of 12
carrtim1
Aspirant

Hi ya

Just thought I'd give a quick update. Having tried several different things I was still getting problems with the NAS showing as online. Then I spotted that my Sky+ Wireless Connector was playing up too and dropping it's connection and not re-connecting. I went out an purchased a Netgear D6300 Router, and since using this everything has been working perfectly.

Thanks to everyone for your input.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements