Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 no longer working with ReadyCloud.

craer
Aspirant

so the prob i was having with my first os6 box this one that went down. is when i made my email the "cloud owner" it would kick out and rename my local user "craer" somethng else . suport did not help me with this at all. so to get around this after gooing it i made 2 emails one to just forward alurts to my email to get around googles dumb 3er party block stuff and one to be the cloud owner wile still having my email and accond linked to the owners so i can be just like a user that is a freind on my readynas just with more rights to files.. im not sure if theres ways around it and will be asking for help when i get the $ for my rn628 and the 10tb drives i want, here in the next few months.  i love the help and responces im getting for this prob i am having now so im sure i will be fine  i do want to say thanks to everyone i nead more of thies units in every family members home if it wasent for the $ 

Message 26 of 28
jak0lantash
Mentor

@craer wrote:

to get around googles dumb 3er party block stuff

If you want to allow the ReadyNAS from sending emails via your primary email account without compromising on security, you can create an "app password".

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en

Message 27 of 28
craer
Aspirant

Thanks i will look in to that 

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements