Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 readycloud not finding it but mapdrive work

preece00
Aspirant

RN102 readycloud not finding it but mapdrive work

Hi,

I have a RN102 have been using it to couple of years now. i have move and change router TP-lnk Archer VR1600v now. My old D6300 netgear router doesnt work anymore.

The NAS doesnt show up on the network on my computer and can’t access the nas through DLNA-supported devices (TV & Xbox).

However can still access the nas through the map drive i have on my computer.

i have the nas connect to the router and the computer connect to the same router via Ethernet cable.

Readycloud can’t discover the NAS either.

I have play round with the router and computer setting and have the nas showing as a computer on the network now on the network page but not as a storage devices. The router still doesnt even show that it connect when I go too wired connections and stil the mapdrive are working.

Please help

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN102 readycloud not finding it but mapdrive work

@preece00 wrote:

I cant seem to find how to change my router setting to "allocates 192.168.0.x addresses"

Look on the ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup page of the router.  Note you are changing the addresses for all the devices on your network.

I use a different router (Orbi), but the screen should look similar to mine (below):

address-range.png

Mine happens to be set to 10.0.0.1; yours is probably 192.168.1.1.  Reset it to 192.168.0.1.

Also check the "Use Router as DHCP Server" which should be right below the router IP address.  When you change the router IP address, that range should also change to 192.168.0.2 -> 192.168.0.254.  Since you are using 192.168.0.2 for the NAS, you also need to change the starting address.  192.168.0.100 will work fine for this.

After you regain access,  I suggest resetting the NAS to use DHCP on the network settings tab.  Then reserve an IP address for the NAS in the router (address reservation should also be on the ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup page).

@preece00 wrote:

Is there a way to do a factory reset on the nas?

A factory reset will destroy your data. As I mentioned above, you could also do an OS reinstall on the NAS.  The procedure is on pages 20-22 of the hardware manual: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

As noted above, the OS reinstall will change a couple of settings.

• IP address will be reset to use DHCP (automatic)
  • admin password will be reset to password
  • volume quota will be turned off

You should change the admin password back after you regain access to the NAS (and reset volume quota if you like).  If you want to see the space consumed by each share on the share page of the web ui (or if you use quotas on each share), you need to enable volume quota.  If you don't care about that, then you can just leave it off.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@preece00 wrote:

the nas showing as a computer on the network now on the network page but not as a storage devices.

You might need to live with this.  If you are using Windows 7 or older you might want to enable legacy discovery on the NAS. (system->settings->services->smb in the admin web ui).

@preece00 wrote:

Readycloud can’t discover the NAS either.

What firmware are you running?  Are you seeing the two green checkmarks for ReadyCloud on the cloud page of the admin web ui?

Message 2 of 9
preece00
Aspirant

no I’m using window 10, I think something may be wrong with both my new router and/or computer as my computer is dropping internet connect but can still access then nas though the router. While my phone is gets internet through the wifi.
Just some extremely weird stuff is going on. the way I have found to fix my inter issue it change the port my computer is wire into over one but the next day i will need to change it back.
I can find my nas on the netgear RAIDar says the status is healthy and the firmware is 6.9.3
But when I click on admin page or browse it says ‘Your netgear storage is not accessible from this computer check your network setting’
But I cant seem any telling me when network setting

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@preece00 wrote:

I can find my nas on the netgear RAIDar says the status is healthy and the firmware is 6.9.3
But when I click on admin page or browse it says ‘Your netgear storage is not accessible from this computer check your network setting’

What IP address is reported by RAIDar, and what IP address is the PC using?

Message 4 of 9
preece00
Aspirant

RAIDar reports ip address of 192.168.0.2

and the PC is 192.168.1.100

see picture attached

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@preece00 wrote:

RAIDar reports ip address of 192.168.0.2

and the PC is 192.168.1.100

see picture attached

That means your network is broken.  All your devices need to be either 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x.

Likely your NAS was originally set up with a static IP address. Is that the case?

If so, the simplest option is to change your router settings, so it allocates 192.168.0.x addresses.  You should then change the RN102 network configuration to use DHCP, so it will get it's IP address from your router.  Once that's done, you can reset the router to use 192.168.1.x if you like (though there is no need to do that).

Most routers will let you reserve an IP address, so the RN102 will always get the same address.  I recommend using that feature if you have it.

There are some other ways to fix your issue, but they are a bit more difficult.

• Do an OS reinstall on the NAS - that will reset the network configuration to use DHCP.  It also changes the NAS admin password back to password, and turns off volume quota. The main challenge here is that it's a bit tricky to do this reinstall on models that don't have an LCD display.
  • Do a direct connect (running ethernet between the NAS and the PC), and temporarily set up a static IP address on the PC NIC (say 192.168.0.3).  Then access the NAS web ui using https://192.168.0.3/admin and change it's network settings.  The main challenge here is that you don't have much knowledge on how to set up networks (otherwise you'd already have diagnosed your problem).
Message 6 of 9
preece00
Aspirant

I cant seem to find how to change my router setting to "allocates 192.168.0.x addresses"

I am not running a RAX80 netgear router with my nas connected into it.

the nas shows as a unknown deivce with a mac address but no IP on the attached devices to the router. can still see the net on the network using RAIDar?

what setting do i need ot change on my router to fix this?

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@preece00 wrote:

Look on the ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup page of the router.  Note you are changing the addresses for all the devices on your network.

I use a different router (Orbi), but the screen should look similar to mine (below):

address-range.png

Mine happens to be set to 10.0.0.1; yours is probably 192.168.1.1.  Reset it to 192.168.0.1.

Also check the "Use Router as DHCP Server" which should be right below the router IP address.  When you change the router IP address, that range should also change to 192.168.0.2 -> 192.168.0.254.  Since you are using 192.168.0.2 for the NAS, you also need to change the starting address.  192.168.0.100 will work fine for this.

After you regain access,  I suggest resetting the NAS to use DHCP on the network settings tab.  Then reserve an IP address for the NAS in the router (address reservation should also be on the ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup page).

@preece00 wrote:

A factory reset will destroy your data. As I mentioned above, you could also do an OS reinstall on the NAS.  The procedure is on pages 20-22 of the hardware manual: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

As noted above, the OS reinstall will change a couple of settings.

• IP address will be reset to use DHCP (automatic)
  • admin password will be reset to password
  • volume quota will be turned off

You should change the admin password back after you regain access to the NAS (and reset volume quota if you like).  If you want to see the space consumed by each share on the share page of the web ui (or if you use quotas on each share), you need to enable volume quota.  If you don't care about that, then you can just leave it off.

Message 8 of 9
preece00
Aspirant

finailly got it all working again.

no thanks to netgear support i was on the phone to them last night trying to fix the issue for over a hour.

what you said worked thank heaps

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements