Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 Can't open admin page

jedibugs
Aspirant

RN104 Can't open admin page

Hi,

I tried to log in to my admin page through Readycloud last night and it denied me access, even though I was 100% sure I was putting in the correct credentials. When doing the password recovery, it kept saying failed thou, I assure you, I still know my wife's middle name.

So I did an OS reinstall, which should have reset to the default admin/netgear1 -- but still no luck logging in, not with the default and not with my old login info.

The NAS shows up in RAIDar as healthy and running firmware 6.2.4. Clicking the admin button there just takes me to the readycloud in my browser with the same issue.

I can access all my files through finder just fine. I'm just trying to get in to disable an app I have running.

I'm on OS X and have tried Safari and Chrome, but neither works.

If you need logs to help, I downloaded them from RAIDar, but I don't know where (or if) it saved them.

Message 1 of 10
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Re: RN104 Can't open admin page

Hello,

When you mention ReadyCLOUD, do you actually mean the admin page?

Just to clarify, the ReadyCLOUD website is reached via readycloud.netgear.com and is designed to handle access from outside your local network.

The local admin page is reached via RAIDar or by entering the ReadyNAS IP in your browser and is there to setup everything apart from remote access.

Also, the admin has different credentials for both sites.

For your task of removing an app you will need to access the local admin page.

After the OS reinstall the default logon is admin/password and not admin/netgear1. netgear1 was a default password formerly used and is not current.

Bye,

Eskender

Message 2 of 10
jedibugs
Aspirant

Yes, I'm referring to the local admin page, sorry for any confusion. I also tried admin/password and that didn't work either.

Message 3 of 10
noemail
Aspirant

If your NAS is running on 6.2.4, then the default password is 'password'.

Message 4 of 10
jedibugs
Aspirant

I tried password as well. It did not work 

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Did you change the admin password when you set up the NAS?

Are you getting a failed logon, or are you not actually being prompted for the user/password?

Message 6 of 10
jedibugs
Aspirant

I did set up a new password, but when it wasn't working to log me in, I did an OS reinstall to reset it to default, which still isn't working.

I get prompted for the username and password, but when I submit, it just prompts me again.

Message 7 of 10
vandermerwe
Master

Can you try logging in from a different device.

Have you rebooted your PC and router?

Did you clear the browser cache?

What are the LAN IP addresses of your PC and nas as displayed on raidar?

Message 8 of 10
jedibugs
Aspirant

Tried logging in from my iPad with the same results. 

Computer and router have been rebooted. 

Browser cache cleared. 

No difference. 

Local ip of the nas is 10.0.0.32 and the computer is 10.0.0.154. The two are talking to each other just fine, otherwise. I can access all my files, just not the admin panel. 

Message 9 of 10
vandermerwe
Master

Raidar should not take you to the Readycloud page.

Not sure why it is directing you there.

Can you see what happens with a direct nas to PC Ethernet connection, eliminating your switch/ router?

How were you using Readycloud before, did you have it bookmarked in the browser?  Have you set up any Readycloud users?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements