Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 and RN314: out of warranty? ReadyCloud?

daelomin
Aspirant

RN104 and RN314: out of warranty? ReadyCloud?

Dear community,

I am managing 2 ReadyNAS for my enterprise.

Turns out they are out of warranty and I don't seem to be able to access them through ReadyCloud.

Does anyone know if I should be able to or I need to pay some kind of subscription to some service?

Thanks

ps: What I really want to do is synchronize both NAS that are in two separate locations...

The 314 > 104  is typically the sync I need for all shares.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay, RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 and RN314: out of warranty? ReadyCloud?

@daelomin wrote:

ps: What I really want to do is synchronize both NAS that are in two separate locations...

The 314 > 104  is typically the sync I need for all shares.

rsync over ssh is another alternative to the ReadyCloud VPN - though you would need to forward a port in router at the RN104's location to the NAS.  If you also want to restore, you'd need forward a port in the RN314's router too.

@daelomin wrote:

Turns out they are out of warranty and I don't seem to be able to access them through ReadyCloud.

Does anyone know if I should be able to or I need to pay some kind of subscription to some service?

They are supported, and there is no subscription needed.  What firmware are you running on the NAS?

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@daelomin

ReadyCloud is free to use service and supported on your OS 6 devices (RN314 nd RN104) but I don't think syncing the RN314 to RN104 is possible with ReadyCloud or atleast would be the best way to do that.

I agree with @StephenB of using alternative methods like Rsync over SSH. ReadyNAS Replicate is one good option before, unfortunately it is now EOL.

If you are trying to Sync a Windows Folder to both NAS then ReadyCloud is a good option with the use of ReadyCloud Client App for Windows or Mobile.

You need to make sure both NAS you have are joined to ReadyCloud and also make sure that both Services and Internet are enabled under the Cloud tab.

https://kb.netgear.com/24929/How-do-I-use-ReadyCLOUD-to-allow-or-remove-share-access-for-remote-user...

1.png

Leaving and Rejoining them might do the trick on getting access thru ReadyCloud. Also, your Firmware is best to be updated to the latest.

HTH

Regards

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

Also, your Firmware is best to be updated to the latest.

If your firmware is older than 6.5.x, it won't work with the current ReadyCloud.  There would also be an account migration needed ( https://kb.netgear.com/30671/ReadyCLOUD-to-MyNETGEAR-Single-Sign-On-FAQ ).

Note that you might need to update the RN104 in stages.  If it is older than 6.2.5, then the first stage is to update it manually to that.  Then update to 6.5.2, and finally to 6.10.2.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements