Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN212 Admin Password

gso
Guide
Guide

RN212 Admin Password

Can no longer access my Admin page. For the lat few weeks there was a suggested URL to connect but now I just get a message sayong I must be on the same network...  how do I resolve this? Thanks.

Model: RN21241D|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4- Bay 4x1TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
gso
Guide
Guide

since I have no idea how to get back to accessing the Admin page thru the Manage page, in ReadyCloud, I'll just use Raidar. Thanks all.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gso

Are you using the ReadyCloud portal when accessing your Admin page? The message is actually saying that if you are on your local Network then you should access the Admin page using the http://NAS_IPADDRESS.

Just click on the IP address link and it should direct you to the Admin page.

If you don't use ReadyCloud when accessing the Admin page then you have to make sure that you are on the same network as your NAS. You should be connected on the same router where your NAS is connected.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 9
gso
Guide
Guide

Yes, I'm using the ReadyClound Mac app.When I click on "Admin" it used to ask me for my password but more recemtly it gave me the link to the URL. Now it just says I need to be on the same network (not sure how to check this.)

Model: RN212D21|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay
Message 3 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gso

The message you are getting is just a notice it does not mean that you are out of your Network. This mught be an update using the Portal or the App but it does not change how you access your ReadyNAS Admin page when locally connected on your Network.

You can actually access the Admin page locally by entering the IP Address of the NAS on your browser (http://NAS.IP.ADDRESS)

The message you are getting also has the link, it is saying that if you are locally connected to your Network then you can use the following address provided on the message.

Other option is to go to discover tab of the ReadyCloud Portal, your NAS should show and a Manage button will be available. Clicking on the button will also direct you to the NAS Admin page using the NAS IP ADDRESS.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 4 of 9
gso
Guide
Guide

Using Discover/Manage got me to the Admin page, thank you. But the IP address is different than the one it was showing as a link before.

Model: RN212D23|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay
Message 5 of 9
gso
Guide
Guide

how do I find the IP address of my NAS?

Message 6 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

RAIDar is the best way for devices without a display.  If the IP address is changing, you might want to look into reserving an address for it in your router.  That is typically a better method than using a static IP address.

Message 7 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That is correct, RAIDar will discover the NAS and provide information such as the IP Address.

Also, when you are getting the message on ReadyCloud the link being provided is also the NAS IP Address of your NAS.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 8 of 9
gso
Guide
Guide

since I have no idea how to get back to accessing the Admin page thru the Manage page, in ReadyCloud, I'll just use Raidar. Thanks all.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements