Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN212 Folder paths missing but can still access data via plex

Bougreaux
Aspirant

RN212 Folder paths missing but can still access data via plex

Sorry if this is a duplicated thread, I have been scouring treads and nothing seems to fit a few get close but not quite. Not sure how this all happened. Power outage maybe, I also read some updates need to be done in a particular order and am not sure if enough time went by for me to have missed one, causing the issues. I'm really not concerned if I loss the data I have it all backed up... In there original state. Hundreds of DVDs/cds and numerous flash drives, nearly 5TB of data. So worst cases scenario I sit at my desk and cry while I put everything back on there, but if at all possible let's avoid that.

1st when I access the Nas via PC readycloud app, path files are gone. Data has to be there because I can still watch all my movies, listen to music, and veiw photos stored on it via Plex. Funny thing about it is the file path folders are on my desktop PC. Of coarse I cant access them due to file paths not being where they should be, and causing file path errors. Just thought it was a bit strange how they migrated like they have, "Video, Music, Photo" just the 3 that are at the top of the file path names. All sub folders under those can't be access/seen at all.

2nd When I try to access the admin page it loops login pop up. So I try to see if I can use 'Insight' to reboot,power down, diagnostic test... Really anything. And that would be a NOPE. Says Devise is disconnected, it's not and my desktop/NAS212/router is all hardwired to ensure connection.

I'm not sure where to go from here OS reinstall, I read if I took my network offline and powered down the NAS, then rebuilt network and put NAS back online it would self correct by reconfiguring it's file paths. To what would seem like a new network, but that doesn't make sense to me. I would thing it would just power up in it's still unaccessible state.

If any more information is needed about this problem I'll be happy to provide to come to a resolution. Just currently I cant add any new data to the devise and I still have stacks/boxes of movies and music to put on there.

Thank you all for any information and I'm sorry if this is a duplicated thread, from someone else having this issue.
Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Are you seeing the shares in the admin web ui ( https://nas-ip-address/admin )?  Use the real NAS IP address of courese.

Can you see them if you enter \\nas-ip-address in file explorer (note the slash direction)?  If you do, can you navigate into the subfolders that way?

Note one aspect here is that I don't want you to use ReadyCloud for these checks.

Message 2 of 8
Bougreaux
Aspirant

I can't access the admin page because of the log in pop up loop.
The last time I was able to access the admin page was shortly after I noticed the problem. And I could not access any Folder any deeper than the main folder. After logging out of the admin page that time. It's been blocked.
Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Bougreaux wrote:

This is logging in directly - not via ReadyCloud?  Do you have an ad blocker running?  What browser are you using?

One thing you could try is accessing the NAS from an incognito window.

@Bougreaux wrote:
And I could not access any Folder any deeper than the main folder.

Well, again I am trying to understand exactly how you are accessing the folder.  My understanding before was that you were using ReadyCloud.  Is that still the case?

Message 4 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

@Bougreaux wrote:

The main reson for that "loop" would be that you are providing the wrong credentials.

I hope you understand that you use user "admin" and the admin password for that log-in, not a normal user name and password, that that may (probably does) differ from your ReadyCloud password, and that it is case sensitive.

Message 5 of 8
Bougreaux
Aspirant

Yeah when started getting the loop for my 192.168.x.x admin page for the Nas I was like wtf. But I use chrome, I will try the incognito. Thanks. And the only way I can access the Nas is with my desktop and using the readycloud app, the readycloud on my phone doesn't work for it anymore either. This has been very trying. It was all great till the update gone wrong or power outage. Not really sure which it was I got a ln email that my network went offline and one for the Nas from insight. 20mins later got the email network was up, insight email for Nas never came.
Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote: The main reason for that "loop" would be that you are providing the wrong credentials.

Or that the browser is remembering them/applying the automatically.  Using an incognito windows would ensure that the browser isn't entering credentials on your behalf.

Message 7 of 8
Bougreaux
Aspirant

It's an auto login. I never changed it. Either way I'll look it to take as well. Thanks
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements