Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN21200-100NES offline alert once per day

andyhogg19
Aspirant

RN21200-100NES offline alert once per day

Bought a new RN21200-1-- NES 2 weeks ago. I notice every day i get an offline alert generated and then an online alert  one or two minutes later. Seems to happen evry day at different times. Would I assume this is a BT Broadband issue or a setting in the NAS? (many thanksonoff.PNG

Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN21200-100NES offline alert once per day

Hi @andyhogg19

Can you send me your full logs thru PM? you can give me a link using google drive?

Many thanks!

Message 2 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @andyhogg19

Is the NAS directly connected on the router? or connecting to a switch or wall mount?

Tehre are Eth link changes that might be the cause of the alert and this might be because of the physical connection from the NAS.

Have you tried changing cable or changing the port where it is connected?

Regards

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

We see random, almost daily Insight Offline alerts for our ReadyNAS systems (Inhell 6.10 Beta 1 as of writing), too. Rock solid networks (XS724EM, XS728T, XS748T, ...) - no indications of Ethernet issues, neither on the ReadyNAS nor on the switch and router infrastructure - which is serving as a backbone for some Insight switches and Insight WAC, too. Reporting almost once a week to the Insight team since day one of Beta 8-/

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

We see random, almost daily Insight Offline alerts for our ReadyNAS systems (Inhell 6.10 Beta 1 as of writing), too. 

Yes. I think this is most likely an issue with the Insight cloud itself.

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

We see random, almost daily Insight Offline alerts for our ReadyNAS systems (Inhell 6.10 Beta 1 as of writing), too. 

Yes. I think this is most likely an issue with the Insight cloud itself.

However, the issue exists with ReadyNAS only, not with any other Insight managed device. Can't be this does take years to be addressed @Marc_V - we shared the information requested here again many times with Netgear before.

Message 6 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello everyone,

We have relayed this already and now investigating on this matter.

Regards

Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Marc_V Appreciated.

It's utterly frustrating to see that the effort of Bet testing and repeated reporting direct to Netgear Insight product management and RD has not lead to a fix. Feels like a big waste of time. And not even a "thank you" for it...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements