Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN31400 Access to shares using ReadyCloud disconnects randomly.....

RN31400 Access to shares using ReadyCloud disconnects randomly.....

Hello,

Recently (FEB/2016) when we updated to the latest Readycloud App (from their website) we could no longer connect to our ReadyNAS314 via the Readycloud service. A firmware update was available and I installed that new firmware on the ReadyNAS. This fixed our connection issue and worked fine until a day or so went by....then we could no longer access the NAS via ReadyCloud. What we see is this (on the ReadyCloud App):

- I am signed in (connected to NAS)

- The connecting circle keeps on turning

- No access is available

- During this time, all other methods (web, direct, readynas remote) work fine.

So, to get it working again, I reboot the ReadyNAS 314 and voila all is good...until another day or so....the problem repeats itself (it's only been a week so I haven't seen an absolute pattern with the timing of the disconnect).

I tried disabling the IPv6 (suggestions in another post) and all hardware and software is up-to-date.

Anyone have any suggestions? I suspect this is some kind a bug in the update? Rebooting to fix when error occurs is not a sustainable solution for us. I know I can schedule it to power off but not sure if that will actually prevent the error.

Thank you very much for your time.

Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN31400 Access to shares using ReadyCloud disconnects randomly.....

Everything is working normally locally?  Only ReadyCloud is misbehaving?

Did you disable the antivirus service?

Message 2 of 9

Everything else is working fine...just ReadyCloud is intermittent. No I did not disable the anti-virus. I assume you mean on the ReadyNAS...I'll do that now. Thanks

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@HorizonBuilders wrote:

I assume you mean on the ReadyNAS...I'll do that now. Thanks

Yes, on the NAS. There is a performance issue with AV on 6.4.1 and 6.4.2.

Message 4 of 9

Disabled the Anti-Virus. Still connect and all is good 18 hours later. I will give it a week and update here but confidence is high.

Thanks for the help

Message 5 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HorizonBuilders,

Eng'g is working on a fix and new FW that includes the fix is expected to be released soon. For the meantime, disable AntiVirus.

Regards,

Message 6 of 9
Damia
Guide

Same problem login to nas thru redycloud app than it dont bring folders just circle going round and round,dont remember when redycloud worked ok with no problems for more than a week ,

it need to be reliable as its used for bussines.STEP UP NETGEAR

Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Damia, if you are using the anti-virus service have you tried disabling the anti-virus service under System > Settings > Services?

Message 8 of 9
Damia
Guide

I have disconnected and its working but i bought this with those apps in mind  and its not greate  that you need to turn them off.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements