Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN42200 - Share have all vanished but space is still being used

NewEraAcc
Follower

RN42200 - Share have all vanished but space is still being used

Hello all,

Hoping you can help. 

We purchased a RN422 in Feburary. All been going well until I noticed this morning that the shares had stopped showing on the readycloud portal. I doublechecked using the local admin page and sure enough the only sharers listed are the 'home folders', everything else seemed fine. Users all there and the shares could be accessed by devices on the network as normal. 

I restarted the NAS and all the shares have now vanished from the local devices. The log doesn't show any issues and the storage space is still being taken up.

I've tried creating a new share with a different name and this now shows up on all devices/readycloud. I then tried making a new share with the same name as one of the missing shares and it come up with a failed to create share failure message. I'm guessing this means the shares are still there somewhere.

It's still withing the 90 days support period but I'm having issues registering the NAS on the netgear site as it comes up 'the product's country of purchase is not valid'.

I hope someone can help!

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN42200 - Share have all vanished but space is still being used

You really should use paid support to resolve this.

Try emailing customer.service@netgear.com and get the registration issue resolved.

If you do have access to the data (for instance, if you can see the shares in the web UI), then you should back up the NAS - just to make sure there is no data loss.  If the files really are disappearing, then you shouldn't store anything on the NAS.  Boot it up as "volume read-only" to prevent any more writes.  Instructions are on page 88-89 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 4
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hello @NewEraAcc ,

I will help you look this. Can you PM to me SDM's port? 

https://kb.netgear.com/000053266/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Enabling-Secure-Diagnostics-Mode.

Message 3 of 4
DAVIDMAG
Aspirant

Curious if this got resolved.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements