Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN628X Readycloud Firewall Access Issues Using Asus Router

McRob1
Luminary

RN628X Readycloud Firewall Access Issues Using Asus Router

I was using a Netgear XR450 router and tried to upgrade to a Netgear AX8 router.  Lets just say that was a big mistake and I had to return that router for a refund.  Now I own a Asus router and it is not playing well with Netgears readycloud.  I have to turn off the firewall in order to get readycloud access.  I would guess that there must be a couple of settings that I need to change but I am not sure which ones.  Probably NAS Readycloud port settings and Asus router firewall settings.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
McRob1
Luminary

Everything was working fine with the old netgear router.  After a couple of days with the firewall turned off on the new Asus router Readycloud was working correctly.  Just for a test I turned the firewall setting back to on.  Guess what? Readycloud was still working without issue.  The only thing I can guess is it took that long for what ever service Netear is using to forward ports took that long to update my newly assigned IP address that was assigned when I rebooted my modem.  No errors other than offline were listed.

All I can say now is after a couple of days I was able to reset the Asus router back to its default firewall settings and Readycloud works correctly again.

Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@McRob1

This only happened when you changed your Router? Have you tried ports 6300 to be allowed on the Asus router?

There might be a setting on the new router that is limiting access to ReadyCloud if you don't have this issue before. What error or message are you getting?

Message 2 of 4
McRob1
Luminary

Everything was working fine with the old netgear router.  After a couple of days with the firewall turned off on the new Asus router Readycloud was working correctly.  Just for a test I turned the firewall setting back to on.  Guess what? Readycloud was still working without issue.  The only thing I can guess is it took that long for what ever service Netear is using to forward ports took that long to update my newly assigned IP address that was assigned when I rebooted my modem.  No errors other than offline were listed.

All I can say now is after a couple of days I was able to reset the Asus router back to its default firewall settings and Readycloud works correctly again.

Thanks for your input.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@McRob1 wrote:

The only thing I can guess is it took that long for what ever service Netear is using to forward ports took that long to update my newly assigned IP address that was assigned when I rebooted my modem.

There is no port forwarding done in ReadyCloud. Everything is based on an outgoing connection from the ReadyNAS to the ReadyCloud infrastructure.

Is it possible that something else had changed in the network along woth the router exchage, eg. different LAN subnet/IP address range, DNS server, default gateway IP - and this information has not made it to the RedyNAS? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements