Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readcloud dektop app doesnt open folders

Mr_Wonka
Tutor

Readcloud dektop app doesnt open folders

Hi,

My readcloud Mac OS dektop app doesnt open folders after succesful login. Readycloud app always worked fine, been couple months now.

Please see attached screenshots.

Few points:

Admin page works normal.

Readycloud portal online works normal.

When I fill in the credentials, it does open the folders via the readycloud desktop app - however only once, need to re-enter my credentials everytime I want to re-open the folder.

Via the Finder and network, the NAS folders open without issues - this indicates that the readycloud app cant connect adequately or gets hindered somewhere.

Added Ready nas in my firewall to NOT block incomming.

Readycloud app on our mobiles, Andriod and IOS, work fine as well - this is internal network and external network.

NAS filmware 6.9.5 - Lastest

Reinstalled the readycloud app to the latest, also no change.

Running MAC sierra version 10.12.6 (16G1710) - this update could have caused the problem as well with current readycloud app.

Cheers,

Will.

Model: RN426| ReadyNAS High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Mr_Wonka
Tutor

I end up doing some trick to force an OS update. My Mac didn't update and wouldn't go further than High Sierra, stupid Mac tricks so you buy a new one.

Any way, managed to Mojave OS on there and everything works again.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Mr_Wonka
Tutor

Also tried to turn the firewall off, no difference.

Message 2 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mr_Wonka

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried checking on another computer or updating your Mac? If correct when you clicked on the folders on the ReadyCloud App it will open via Finder.

Regards

Message 3 of 7
Mr_Wonka
Tutor

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply.

Mac version listed in the last bullet point is the latest version. Might not have been totally clear with bullet point 3, as it does open finder as you indicate - however, I need to re-enter my credentials everytime when the finder tries to open. Yes, this is while being logged in the readycloud dekstop app - the admin page and online portal works without re-entering my credentials.

Also, never had this problem - always worked perfect. I do not have any other computers I can try on - just other mobile phones which all work fine.

Cheers,

Will.

Message 4 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mr_Wonka

Have you tried on resetting the permissions on the shares you're trying to access?

Regards

Message 5 of 7
Mr_Wonka
Tutor

I end up doing some trick to force an OS update. My Mac didn't update and wouldn't go further than High Sierra, stupid Mac tricks so you buy a new one.

Any way, managed to Mojave OS on there and everything works again.
Message 6 of 7
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Mr_Wonka Seems the DNS was pointing to the wrong/older io servers caused the issue. IT has fixed it. Please try again.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements