Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readnas cannot connect to readycloud

appierro
Apprentice

Netgear engineers connected to my NAS via ReadNAS Diagnostic mode and removed a corrupt Config file.  Once they removed the config file, I was able to connect to ReadyCLOUD.  Thanks,

Message 26 of 55
vverma01
Tutor

I am facing exact same issue - message says "Something is preventing the ReadyNAs from.....".

I am unable to access it from outside my home network. I appreciate if Netgear can hep me with the diagnostic and fix.

Kind regards,

Vinay Verma

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 27 of 55
rickr1
Aspirant

Hi Appiero,

I am having this problem as well and by any chance do you know the location of this config file that the engineers renamed/removed?

I have 3 ReadyNAS  servers running and only one of them is not connecting to ReadyCloud; I am receiving messages that ReadyNAS Replicate will be decommissioning and I do not want to be left with this NAS (my primary) not being setup properly.

Cheers,

Rick 

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 28 of 55
rickr1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Replicate setup that i need to replicate with ReadyCloud

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|,ReadyNAS RNDP6000v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only,ReadyNAS RNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only,RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 29 of 55
Realone
Tutor

That would be great. This can be a simple fix if we just know the procedure.

Message 30 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @rickr1

I would advise contacting NETGEAR Support and create a case, they can assist you with your ReadyNAS units.

Regards

Message 31 of 55
vverma01
Tutor

Creating a case with ReadyNAS -  will it be a chargable activity? Mine is out of warranty.

Kind regards,

Vinay Verma

Message 32 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @vverma01

If you are out of contract there is an option to avail a Pay-per-Incident support.

If your NAS was purchased between June 1, 2014 and May 31, 2016 then lifetime Chat Support is available.

Regards

Message 33 of 55
StephenB
Guru

wrote:

If your NAS was purchased between June 1, 2014 and May 31, 2016 then lifetime Chat Support is available.

This doesn't apply to the RN100 or RN200 platforms, it is limited to the "business" OS 6 ReadyNas (Rackmount, RN300 series and above).

Message 34 of 55
vverma01
Tutor

Unfortunately, mine is 2013. Can ReadyNAS mention steps to fix here which we can apply ourselves?

It doesn't seem genuine that a patch from Netgear created this issue and we are forced to pay for support to get it fixed.

Ideally it should be treated as defect and Netgear should issue a patch to fix it automatically.

Kind regards,

Vinay Verma

Message 35 of 55
StephenB
Guru

@vverma01

Is your NAS connecting to the internet generally?  For instance, did you recently see the update notification for 6.9.2?

Also, what firmware are you running?

Are you seeing the green internet check box on the cloud page?

Message 36 of 55
vverma01
Tutor

Hi StephenB,

Yes, my ReadyNAS is conected to internet - I am seeing green internet check box.

I am also recieveing upgrade notifications. Recently I upgraded to 6.9.2.

Kind regards,

Vinay Verma

Message 37 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

@rickr1 I believe it's a pretty quick fix and hopefully @StephenB can reach out to you as well.  I believe he's working with @vverma01 to get his resolved.

Message 38 of 55
StephenB
Guru

wrote:

hopefully @StephenB can reach out to you as well.  I believe he's working with @vverma01 to get his resolved.

As far as ReadyCloud goes, I focus on whether the NAS has the right network connection to reach the internet.  I can't really go further than that - I access my own NAS remotely using VPN, not ReadyCloud.  So once it's clear that the issue isn't the network itself, I need to leave it to the Netgear team.

Message 39 of 55
rickr1
Aspirant

Hi Marc_V,

I purchased the one i am having issues with 2nd hand and I do not have access to the original purchase receipt, so I would need to pay for the service call.  But honestly this is just so wrong, you should provide OS upgrades for the purposes if fixing bugs and not to generate paid service requests.  I just hope that it is not too expensive.

I am quite disapponted with that fact, but I need to be able to access these devices when I am away from home.

Regards,

RIck

Message 40 of 55
rickr1
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen.  My NASes all have full network access to the Internet and are all configured in exectly the same way with the exception of this problem of it not being able to register with readycloud.

Actually, I may turn this around and provided I can swap my drives around between the NASes maybe I acn demote this one to a backup role and promote one of my other ones to be the primary role.  But realistiacally I should not be having this problem at all.  The ALL my NASes are running at the same OS releases and I upgrade all of them at the same time. 

Netgear should publish more information on this issue if they cannot automate a patch.

Cheers,

Rick

Message 41 of 55
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 42 of 55
StephenB
Guru

@rickr1 wrote:

I purchased the one i am having issues with 2nd hand and I do not have access to the original purchase receipt, so I would need to pay for the service call.  

Netgear's policy is that they won't provide paid support for used ReadyNAS (even if you are willing to pay).  So you are dependent on this forum.

You could try swapping disks with one of your new NAS, and if the problem moves with the disks you would be able to use paid support.

Message 43 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

@rickr1 you may not have to pay or play around with swapping disks.  I was out of support as well and a Netgear Engineer picked the issue up from this community, remoted in to my NAS and deleted the corrupt file.  It was very simple, took less than 5 minutes and was very impressive.  This is an issue that affects many users and it seems the resolution requires deleting this corrupt file.

Can a Netgear Engineer reach out to Rick?

Message 44 of 55
StephenB
Guru

@appierro wrote:

Can a Netgear Engineer reach out to Rick?

@mdgm-ntgr already has.

My take was that Rick wasn't intending to use paid support for this; my info on paid support policies was really for future reference.

FWIW, personally I don't use ReadyCloud at all (I prefer OpenVPN and ZeroTier for remote access).  If I did use it, I'd only enable it for one NAS.

Message 45 of 55
vverma01
Tutor

Can Netgear support atleast publish the details the file to be deleted. It will help users to make full use of ReadyNAS.

Else Iin absence of support, I am thinking of one time investment to migrate to Netgear competitor.

Kind regards,

Vinay Verma 

Message 46 of 55
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you provide me logs from your system that can't connect to ReadyCLOUD. Thanks.

Message 47 of 55
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm-ntgr wrote:

Can you provide me logs from your system that can't connect to ReadyCLOUD. Thanks.

This thread is a bit tangled (Rick and Vinay are currently sharing it).  Do you want logs from Rick or Vinay or both?

Message 48 of 55
vverma01
Tutor

Hi StephenB and mdgm,

I just mailed logs for mdgm's attention.

Kind regards,

Vinay Verma

Message 49 of 55
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If it is a problem with the config file as it appears to be in vverma01's case there are a few options:

The first is:

1. Backup your data

2. Verify your backup is good

3. Do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything)

4. Restore your data from backup and manually reconfigure the NAS

Or I can discuss an alternative option via PM.

Message 50 of 55
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 54 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements