Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 424 Not Connecting

mabehling
Aspirant

Ready NAS 424 Not Connecting

Hello, I'm having trouble with my ReadyNAS 424 and hoping someone in this group may be able to help. My internet service went out this morning and when my ISP rebooted the router, they also changed the IP from static to dynamic. I lost connection to my NAS. I reset the IP address to the original static settings, but the NAS isn't being picked up on either of my network attached computers. I've rebooted everything (including the ReadyNAS) and am running out of ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt

Model: RN424| ReadyNAS 424 4-Bay with up to 40 TB total storage
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready NAS 424 Not Connecting

Can you download RAIDar 6.4, and tell us what status it gives us for your NAS?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

@mabehling wrote:

My internet service went out this morning and when my ISP rebooted the router, they also changed the IP from static to dynamic.

What IP address did they change?  The local IP address for the NAS? or something else?

Also, was there a related power outage?  Or only loss of internet service?

Message 2 of 4
mabehling
Aspirant

I'm able to login to the admin dashboard, the status is "healthy". They changed the IP for the router. It was just a loss in internet, no power outage. At this point I've been able to get to the admin dashboard and backup the NAS to an external (thankfully had an external large enough). My computer for some reason isn't seeing the shares to be able to map the network drives. It does see the NAS when I ping its IP, so clearly I'm missing something.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@mabehling wrote:

They changed the IP for the router.

If you aren't paying for a static public internet address, you should leave the WAN address dynamic.  Otherwise your ISP can end up with duplicate IP address assignments, which will disrupt your internet access (and whoever gets assigned the IP address you used).

@mabehling wrote:

My computer for some reason isn't seeing the shares to be able to map the network drives. It does see the NAS when I ping its IP, so clearly I'm missing something.

What happens if you run CMD and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\sharename /user:admin nas-admin-password

Be careful on the spaces and the slash direction (and of course use the real IP address, sharename, and NAS admin password)..

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements