Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS Online (VPN Disconnected)

Greyhame
Initiate

Ready NAS Online (VPN Disconnected)

Software 6.10.5 Hotfix 1

Ready Cloud shows Ready NAS Online (VPN Disconnected).  Latest ready cloud is installed.

On the Ready NAS I have rebooted and also turned Ready Cloud on and off and left it On.

Cant connect remotely through Ready Cloud but can connect through the web portal.

How to fix this?

Model: RN214D41|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (4x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
jbattista
Tutor

Re: Ready NAS Online (VPN Disconnected)

It's been going on for years.. I doubt Netgear will ever fix it.  MacOS app hasn't been updated since 2019.  I actually have an iMac that works somewhat reliably but has to be refreshed often. And I have to keep signing in as Admin to allow it through the firewall.  All my other Macs cannot connect remotely.   The windows version seems a bit more reliable and always connect for me, even on the same device as the Macs that can't connect (through parallels).  My work around is sync with Dropbox. 

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 2 of 4
Rush102
Aspirant

We have exactly the same problem with the Mac client. The support apparently does not know that the client does not work on Mac in general. Is there anyone who has got the client running on Mac with the current firmware?

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Moving to a VPN such as ZeroTier or OpenVPN may be your best solution.  Both @StephenB and I choose to go that way even though we are Windows users.  He uses OpenVPN, and I use ZeroTier.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements