Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS RN102 Problems After Update

KDUK
Tutor

Ready NAS RN102 Problems After Update

It is difficult to know where to start but here goes:

The first question I have is that I don't have the option to contact support even though my support contract runs until the 29th September 2019.  Has anyone else suffered from this issue?

OnCall 24x7 3 Years, Phone Support, Cat. 1, UK 2016-09-29 2019-09-29 3ERC4BE5002F6

The second and main problem is that after the recent update of firmware on the Ready NAS and Ready Cloud client V1.19 I cannot connect any of my computers to the virtual network.  Some of these are running Windows 10 and others are running Windows 7 but they are all completely unable to connect to the Ready Cloud.  The message simply says 'offline'.  I can however connect to my Ready NAS data through the browser route.

I worry about the lack of support for my product and I am deeply concerned by the simple fact that these recent updates now mean that none of my work is being backed up safely using the ready cloud desktop app.

If anybody has any answers or ideas then I would be very grateful.

Also does anybody know how I can 'tell' Netgear that it has ceased to support me even though the support contract is still current?

I am not happy!

Many thanks

Kev

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@KDUK wrote:

I don't have the option to contact support even though my support contract runs until the 29th September 2019.  Has anyone else suffered from this issue?

What happens if you use my.netgear.com?

Message 2 of 5
KDUK
Tutor

This is where one of my problems is.  The following is what I see when I check my service contract:

My Service Contracts

Contract Name Purchase Date Expiry Date Linked Product Serial # Contract Auto Renewal 
iOnCall 24x7 3 Years, Phone Support, Cat. 1, UK 2016-09-29 2019-09-29 3ERC4BE5002F6  

But the front page has four red crosses on each form of support.  When I try to report the problem there is not a support option available.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Try sending @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V a private message (PM) using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum.  They should be able to help you untangle the situation with paid support.

Message 4 of 5
KDUK
Tutor

Thank you I will give that a try.

Kev

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation