Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD App Notification Count

smc007i
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD App Notification Count

Hi,

On my Android phone the ReadyCLOUD App (ver 2.0.4) has a number in a bubble above it, like there is some kind of notification, however opening the app I see nothing that needs attention and have been through all the menus and even into the folders on the NAS, even dragging on the screen down to refresh doesn't affect the count.

The app connects to the NAS fine when it is running (thought I only have it powered up for a few hourse a day for backups)

Today the number jumped from 13 to 25, how can I clear this number?  and what is causing it?

S

----

I saw the topic below posted previously and it's closed as solved, but I don't think the solution actually clears the issue + I couldn't get the count to go away using the Android Notification settings either.  I don't want to just suppress the count or notifications (which appears to be the advice in the post), I want to clear it completely and reset the count.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Cloud-Storage/ReadyCLOUD-Androd-app-Vers-2-0-0-message-bub...

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCLOUD App Notification Count

@smc007i

Do yiou have the media backup feature enabled? It might be the files that has been uploaded to the NAS.

Regards

Message 2 of 6
smc007i
Aspirant

Hi @Marc_V 

No, I do not have Media back up enabled.

S

Message 3 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@smc007i

Are you experiencing any issues on the Android App? If you just want for the badge to disappear you may want to check this link.

HTH

Regards

Message 4 of 6
smc007i
Aspirant

@Marc_V 

Thanks, but as per my first post that article doesn't actually solve the issue, it simply aims to suppress the notification/app badge.  I'd seen that article before and it doesn't help as it's not how my android version looks (judging by the posts underneath it I'm not the only one that can't follow the instructions to get it to work, it appears the article was based on a beta version of android), so I can't even suppress the icon badges.

I'm just suprised that whatever is causing the notifications doesn't show up somewhere in the app. The number keeps going up, so something must be generating it!  It appears to be a fault in the app design to no let the user find and clear the issue.

S

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 5 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@smc007i

I'm not getting any notifications using Moto G6 on Oreo 8.1 using Iphone on 12.3.1 App badge appears when Media backup is enabled and photos are being uploaded. Shows the number of files remaining.

What version of Android do you have? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Regards

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements