Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD Desktop Client Failure : application display "Online (VPN Disconnected)"

Malinois31770
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD Desktop Client Failure : application display "Online (VPN Disconnected)"

Configuration :

RN102 :

RN102 Firmware 6.10.0 Hot Fix 2

2 disk WD Red (X-RAID)

Desktop Clients :

Windows 10 Pro x64 (2 different computer)

Hello, since 2 month my readycloud connexion doesn't work using the ReadyCLOUD desktop client (v1.17) which displaying this message : "On line (VPN Disconnected)".

I don't know what happening :

--> I've restart the NAS many, many, many time... no results.

--> I've restart my personnal Internet conneciton : no results

--> I've re-install the ReadyCLOUD client application : no results

--> Updating to the last firmware version have not resolved the issue.

--> ReadyCLOUD work from web browser and/or from the IPhone application .

Somebody can help me ?

Thanks

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Malinois31770
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCLOUD Desktop Client Failure : application display "Online (VPN Disconnected)"

Hello @Marc_V and anybody that have encountered the same issue....

As I've predicted, I've performed a FACTORY RESET of my ReadyNas (= ERASE ALL DATA Smiley Frustrated) after, of course, have doing a backup (about 2 Tbs of data transfered...) on external USB storage. Now, all readycloud APIs are working well using the same user account (mine Smiley Very Happy )

I hope the last release of ReadyNas OS are more stable and the problem will not coming back..

View solution in original post

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 9 of 9

All Replies
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

This sounds exacttly like the problem I am having with several of my clilents devices... See here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Cloud-Storage/ReadyCLOUD-connection-problems/td-p/1747959

Is anyone able to help with this??

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 2 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Malinois31770 @drhjorgensen

Have you tried contacting NETGEAR Support through my.netgear.com?

Is the issue happening when you try to login on a different computer? Kindly check if you try to disable any security software you have on your PC.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 3 of 9
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

I have the same problem connecting through various PCs in various locations with a variety of routers/internet providers/etc

As i said, the strange thing is I can connect to one NAS but not the other on the same ReadyCLOUD account.This would lead me to believe it is not a PC-related issue, but something else (NAS? Router at NAS location? etc)

I haven't contacted Netgear support directly as the units are out of warranty and I figured my clients would need to purchase a support contract... may have to do that as a last resort.

Message 4 of 9
Malinois31770
Aspirant

Hi @drhjorgensen ,

I've the same problem than you : problem is repeated on several different computers.

I think the issue come from the NAS which is not a releable device. I've created a wasabi account to synchronize and backup my files. When I'll get the time, I will reset entyrely the device or change it by another model built by other provider.
I am disappointed by NetGear regarding treatment of this problem.

That's all we can hope

Message 5 of 9
MarekK
Aspirant

I found a solution to the problem.
Just downgrade ReadyCLOUD to version 1.17.
After installation at startup, you should answer "no" if you want to upgrade to version 1.18.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 6 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Malinois31770

Have you tried updating to v1.19? this should solve VPN disconnected issues

Regards

Message 7 of 9
Malinois31770
Aspirant

Hello @Marc_V ,

Thanks to have informed me about the new release of the Ready Cloud Windows desktop client (1.19).

I've installed it on a NEW Windows 10 computer : nothings change, the problem persist...

I don't know what happening, I've tried all solutions describes in this post for trying to solve this problem, I've created a new mail adress for creating a new netgear account but "No way out" !

Moreover, I have recently baught a wifi routeur Netgear Nighthawk AX12 (RAX120) that I've connected to the NAS (thinking that changing the router may some effect).... no way out... I'm disappointed.... Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 9
Malinois31770
Aspirant

Hello @Marc_V and anybody that have encountered the same issue....

As I've predicted, I've performed a FACTORY RESET of my ReadyNas (= ERASE ALL DATA Smiley Frustrated) after, of course, have doing a backup (about 2 Tbs of data transfered...) on external USB storage. Now, all readycloud APIs are working well using the same user account (mine Smiley Very Happy )

I hope the last release of ReadyNas OS are more stable and the problem will not coming back..

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements