Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD Error 24002000011

byaremko
Tutor

ReadyCLOUD Error 24002000011

Dear Netgear Support:

Would one of you be willing to help me resolve error 24002000011?  This is the error message I receive when attempting to enable ReadyCLOUD on my old ReadyNAS Pro 6.  Based on years of lurking on the Netgear forums, it appears that this should be a simple fix regarding a serial number inconsistency, but I don't know if it's done purely on Netgear's end, my end, or a little of both.  I'm running a ReadyNAS Pro 6, which I had upgraded to v6.9.1 "recently".  I know this model is quite old and v6.9.1 was never officially supported on this model, but this update really breathed new life into this rock-solid NAS and significantly extended its useful life.  I am appealing to anybody willing to assist me with this, as the only reason I'm trying to activate this is as a quick-and-dirty way of enabling remote access to specific files to several of my office users that need to work out of the office due to this mess caused by COVID-19 (I am actually planning on upgrading the device to a new model this year, but now with this global chaos, who knows if/when that will happen!)

A very heartfelt and sincere THANK YOU in advance to anyone willing to help me get this squared away!  (And THANK YOU for all the support you have provided implicitly over the years, this forum has been a terrific knowledgebase to say the least!)

-Bohdan

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi byaremko,

The fix has been applied and the unit has been rebooted. Please check if the issue is fixed and if the fans are working.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Some early Pro models show the mac address of the NAS as the serial number - and that will cause this particular problem.  You need someone from Netgear to fix that. 

Though you can't get paid support (since you are running OS 6), it's possible that @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V will fix it as a courtesy for you.  If they don't chime in here, you could try sending them a private message (PM) using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Message 2 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi byaremko,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you take a picture of the sticker that contains the serial number and the model number of the NAS? This can be found at the rear panel of the chassis. You may send the image to me via private message.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
byaremko
Tutor

Thanks all for the responses thus far, I just PM'ed @JohnCM_S the link to the picture of the sticker on the NAS (no option to attach anything to PM).

Thanks,

-Bohdan

Model: RNDP6000v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi byaremko,

The fix has been applied and the unit has been rebooted. Please check if the issue is fixed and if the fans are working.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
byaremko
Tutor

Problem solved!

A huge heartfelt THANK YOU to @JohnCM_S for agreeing to take this on and resolve it so quickly.  I have confirmed that the connection to ReadyCLOUD now works.  This will most definitely help tide us over with remote access until I can upgrade to a newer NAS later in the year.  Thanks also to @StephenB for recommending I reach out to @JohnCM_S .

I would be remiss if I didn't also take this opportunity to thank @mdgm for some help behind the scenes and for the countless posts I have benefited from implicitly over the years; the fact that we still use this ReadyNAS Pro 6 religiously on a daily basis can be directly tied to knowledge picked up from @mdgm over the years.

Be safe all!

-Bohdan

Model: RNDP6000v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements