Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD Shares Displaying Red Lock

natepiet
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD Shares Displaying Red Lock

Hi Guys,

I started setting up the ReadyCLOUD for my ReadyNAS (6.1.7) a few weeks back and I'm having some issues.

I can successfully log into https://readycloud.netgear.com and see the 3 tabs across the top (being: Discover, Manage and Access). Then I go to the Access tab to view the shares on my ReadyNAS and they are all displaying a Red Lock Symbol and will not let me access any of the shares. All of the Share's Permissions are set to Everyone - Ready/Write. There is only one ReadyCLOUD account that has been setup on this ReadyNAS and that is my own.

What am I missing...? Thanks in advance.

Example:

Message 1 of 12
Fausto
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCLOUD Shares Displaying Red Lock

try right button on the red lock ...
Message 2 of 12
JefferyS
Aspirant

Hi, I'm normally not one to bring up an old issue but I'm having this exact problem. All of my folders are locked.

Let's take the Music folder, I've reset the file permissions back to default as well as the owner and group to guest. Anonymous access is enabled. On ReadyCloud the permissions are set to everyone R/W.

I don't know what else to do but the red lock is still there. There on all the folders I've created but I'm using the Music folder as an example because it had the lowest possible setting for access you can get.

Anyone have any Ideas why I'm getting red locks on everything especially the Music folder which has full permissions for everyone and guest and anonymous access?

Thanks,

Jeffery
Message 3 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would suggest you open a support case.
Message 4 of 12
JefferyS
Aspirant

Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks, I submitted a support case.
Message 5 of 12
natepiet
Aspirant

I couldn't figure it out in the end and decided to ditch the ReadyCLOUD idea and implement FTPS is stead. That is working well for me.
Message 6 of 12
davesumm
Luminary

I have the same issue. Can anyone shed any light?
Message 7 of 12
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

Did you give the ReadyCLOUD user you added access to the share folder?
Message 8 of 12
davesumm
Luminary

Sure did. I unchecked 'everyone' and checked 'read only' for all users except myself, which i checked as 'read/write'
Message 9 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you login using the same case for the username as you used when you registered? If not, can you try that? e.g.if when you registered you spelt the user as e.g. "mYNaMe" (no quotes) try spelling it the same way when logging in to ReadyCloud.
Message 10 of 12
human102
Guide

This happened to me yesterday when I changed file permissions via windows and not on the NAS OS. I suppose the attributes/ and permissions are not stored the same. I will just set them through readynas admin now. I did enough testing to "think I know" what I did wrong.. Hope so anyway.
any comments??
Message 11 of 12
davesumm
Luminary

mdgm wrote:
Did you login using the same case for the username as you used when you registered? If not, can you try that? e.g.if when you registered you spelt the user as e.g. "mYNaMe" (no quotes) try spelling it the same way when logging in to ReadyCloud.

HA! i tried it both ways and one way (Capitalised first letter) gave me the red padlock and the other way showed no padlock and works correctly. Why, oh why, does it make any difference?

Thanks for the tip!
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements