Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD connection problems

drhjorgensen
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD connection problems

I provide tech support to a number of clients and several are having problems connecting via the ReadyCLOUD app on Windows 10 to their NAS devices.This seems to be happening recently (a Windows update?)

The app shows Online (VPN disconnected)

I have done most of the steps suggested previously: stop and start the app, reinstall the app, disconnect the NAS from ReadyCLOUD and reconnect etc.

Any ideas?

Also.. now I'm seeing ReadyCLOUD server is unavailable... is this related?

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 15
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

Oh, and by the way, I have downloaded the latest desktop client from here:

http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/install/ReadyCloudSetup.exe

as per the March notice...

Message 2 of 15
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

Further to this, I have a client with two RN 312's in different locations (one is used for offsite backup) and I can connect via the app fine to one, but not the other. Both are running 6.9.5 Hotfix 1 firmware. 

The other client's NAS I can't connect to (online VPN disconnected) is running the latest firmware 6.10.0 with the hotfix

Message 3 of 15
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

To further confuse things, I can connect fine on my iPhone via the iOS app to the ReadyNAS boxes that I can't connect to via the Windows app.

Message 4 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello

can you see Leaf Networks Adapter interface in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections?

Message 5 of 15
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

Yes, it is there.

I can connect to some ReadyNAS, but not others.
The problem appears to be with the NAS, not the client.

Message 6 of 15
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

I have been doing some more testing on this and I have found that I have the same problem with certain ReadyNAS 31200's on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, using the latest ReadyCLOUD Windows software 1.17

I have a client with two of the devices and I am still seeing that I can connect to one of them [Connected (VPN)], but not the other [Online ( VPN disconnected)]

I can also connect fine still via my iOS app

Any others seeing this issue?? Help!

Message 7 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @drhjorgensen

Have you tried completely removing the current installed application and then have a fresh install of the latest version? Also, try to disable any security software on your PC before installing the app.

On the NAS, make sure to check on the DNS Servers under Network settings 

Can you try downloading the client log under c:\Users\<system loggedin user>\AppData\Local\ReadyCLOUD

Regards

Message 8 of 15
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

I'm still unable to get this to work and it appears others may be having the same issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Cloud-Storage/ReadyCLOUD-Desktop-Client-Failure-applicatio...

Is anyone else finding this not working?

The strange thing is I have a client with two of these: One we can connect to, the other we can't. They are in two different locations. See below:

readycloud.jpg

Message 9 of 15
Malinois31770
Aspirant

Hello drhjorgensen

Yes, I've already done all of the actions that you have mentionned in your post...

I think too that is an issue between Windows 10 and the ReadyCLOUD client service (maybe firewall but I'm not sure....)

Before your post, I've believed that I was alonehaving got this problem, thats why I've eliminate the problem with the Win 10 OS...

I think Microsoft have involved more security parameters and that NetGear should maybe check their READYCloud desktop client program which is not revised frenquently...

At the moment, I've no solutions.

Push a factory reset of my ReadyNAS, as I've read on other posts is clearly not a solution.

Thanks to netgear to Help US with our devices which running the OOTB firmware / software without any customization.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 10 of 15
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hello @drhjorgensen 

If online(vpn disconnected) need check the process on the nas and look the logs.

root@nas-E7-27-10:~# ps -ef |grep leafp2p
root 5658 1 0 May22 ? 00:00:00 /opt/p2p/bin/leafp2p -n
root 5673 5658 0 May22 ? 00:00:00 /opt/p2p/bin/leafp2p -n

Message 11 of 15
SieraZ
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue since April. It used to work fine before then. Everything is on the latest versions and all security software has been completely uninstalled temporarily, but still it says Online (VPN Disconnected). This is getting beyond silly now.

Message 12 of 15
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hello SieraZ,

This requires both PC and NAS to check, NAS: check Leafp2p process is running,DNS is setting "8.8.8.8 "; PC: check leaf network adapter whether to get IP.  If not, I can help you see it. 

Message 13 of 15
SieraZ
Aspirant

The Leaf Network adapter on the PC has not got an IP assigned, it is currently set to 169.254.241.31:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Description: Leaf Networks Adapter #2
Physical Address: ‎00-FF-41-4B-CE-AF
DHCP Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address: 169.254.241.31
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
IPv4 Default Gateway:
IPv4 DNS Server: 8.8.8.8
IPv4 WINS Server:
NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled: Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address: fe80::68ea:f82a:19ff:f11f%10
IPv6 Default Gateway:
IPv6 DNS Server:

Message 14 of 15
drhjorgensen
Aspirant

I worked with Netgear support and we found that recreating a user account (and not using the main admin account) worked to resolve the issue. Still can't figure out why the original admin account doesn't work, but creating a new account with access to the share worked.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements