Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD not working ?

Max_1968
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD not working ?

I have an ReadyNAS NV+ with 4.1.10 and an ReadyNAS Ultra 4 with 4.2.22 installed, both workinf fine in the same network as my windows PC. Just tried to use the ReadyCloud discovery feature, but none of them are discovered no matter what browser I am using (Chrome, Safari, IE). Both are perfectly discovered when using Raidar.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Max-1968
Message 1 of 22
chirpa
Luminary

ReadyCloud will only discover the new ReadyNASOS 6.0 systems. For anything previous, you would still need RAIDar.

It's something they should make clear on that site.
Message 2 of 22
Max_1968
Aspirant

that's what I was afraid of... Any chance to get 6.0 at least for my Ultra in the near future ?
Message 3 of 22
chirpa
Luminary

Nope.

In order to maintain a consistent feature set across all models, Netgear has decided to start on a clean slate. Therefore, ReadyNAS OS 6.0 is not going to be made available for any of the earlier models (including the Duo v2 / NV+ v2).
-- source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6835/read ... nas-lineup

These new NASes have been a long time coming. NETGEAR said the reason for the delay was that its team was heads-down developing the new ReadyNAS OS 6 that powers all the new models. This new OS is a complete break with the past and features a unified feature set that will be available on both Intel and Marvell ARM-powered models. All current ReadyNASes will not be upgradeable to the new OS.
-- source: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas/nas- ... readynases
Message 4 of 22
Max_1968
Aspirant

thx chirpa 😉
Message 5 of 22
phrlty273
Aspirant

OK, I'm at a loss here. Just got a Duo V2, and ReadyCLOUD doesn't recognize it (now I understand why...). But can it still be connected to ReadyCLOUD? I wanna be able to access it from outside and it's not intuitive to do...
Message 6 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

No, but you can use ReadyNAS Remote and ReadyDROP.
Message 7 of 22
techman05
Guide

Is ready cloud replacing readynas remote for managing os 6 systems from a far? Also would I still be able to access either way?
Message 8 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

techman05 wrote:
Is ready cloud replacing readynas remote for managing os 6 systems from a far? Also would I still be able to access either way?

The two features complement each other. ReadyCloud is a new feature. ReadyNAS Remote will continue to be available.
Message 9 of 22
boezeroen
Aspirant

After reading this, I am done with buying any netgear stuff at all...

I've got 2 readynas ultra2 for premium prices, and first I discovered that I had to pay for readynas replicate and now I read that readycloud and 6.0 wont be available on "older" products.

These functions are standard on the NAS-es from other brands.... I am done with readynas and will sell my ultra2's.

Thanks netgear for not taking your customers serious...
Message 10 of 22
xax0
Aspirant

Another ridiculous sh1t from Netgear... :twisted:

Netgear goes down. I am done buying their sh1t :neener:
Message 11 of 22
Andorf
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
No, but you can use ReadyNAS Remote and ReadyDROP.

Then again, that service has been severly so-so for a long time. Personally I've never got it to work, and browsing these forums I only found more people with the same problem. Many succeed (some with various odd methods), but far from all. And Cloud seems to be as easy as Remote was meant to be.

And there I was, thinking Netgear finally worked out that they needed to redo the ReadyNAS-Remote for all of us. Got screwed again, obviously...
(sry for necro)
Message 12 of 22
daztrue
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
techman05 wrote:

The two features complement each other. ReadyCloud is a new feature. ReadyNAS Remote will continue to be available.

How does the introduction of ReadyCLOUD relate/compare in relation to Vault? With the backup capabilities of CLOUD, is it intended to replace Vault - for OS 6 users at least - and are there any charges for CLOUD?
Message 13 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ReadyCloud is free. ReadyCloud is your own private cloud. It is not a solution for backing up your NAS. ReadyNAS Replicate is for backups between NAS units you own.

ReadyCloud does not replace ReadyNAS Vault. There are charges for ReadyNAS Vault.
Message 14 of 22
suskis
Aspirant

simply said, ReadyCLOUD doesn't work (at least for me, and a lot of other people). No ReadyNAS REMOTE, no ReadyCLOUD, nothing. And all Netgear support has to say to me is "buy a software assistance contract". Amazing.
Qnap is my choice.
Message 15 of 22
techman05
Guide

Follow back my other posts since there is a fix for potentialy getting it to work. If you bought it used someone might have not turned it off properly and mess it up.

Os 6 for readycloud is a bit easier to fix if you. discovered the device already. If you can turn off ready cloud on the device and disconnect on the readycloud page and connect to a account you should be golden for both.

If your having issues other than that you do have a business product and you do have free chat through your netgear account. They're are still pleanty of helpful people here to cover what chat may miss on if they lack.

Good luck for now.
Message 16 of 22
pillick
Aspirant

So ReadyCloud is only for OS 6.0 up? Seriously? Means I just wasted an entire morning trying to install something that will never work anyway? And you couldn't make that clear anywhere in the installation instructions, in the process, or in the help screens? You really, really couldn't? Of course you could have, you just didn't. Why? Because it never occurred to you? Or is it simple contempt for your customers? I, and many others, never got Remote to work so I was SO happy to see that there was a new, better alternative. Now, a wasted morning later and I'm right back at zero. I don't know why I took this road, and know even less why I'm still on it because it goes nowhere. Nowhere. This goes nowhere. Zero. Again.
Message 17 of 22
techman05
Guide

Posting on a 2 year old post that's already been answered should have given you the help to know ready cloud is not supported on non os6.

Readynas remote is still up and kicking though you may now have to Google for the post here with the newest version that itself is old. It's one reason I updated to new technology built in the newer nases.

With remote you should just need to update it,turn it on ,and send out an email link to who you want to have access with their files. If it still doesn't work your going to need a new post and or register and send an email to netgear support to see what's going on to get you going.

Bie for now
Message 18 of 22
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Here are the links for the last known version of the remote softwares:

Windows: http://www.readynas.com/contributed/mdg ... 6.5.23.exe

Mac: http://www.readynas.com/contributed/mdg ... 1.2.15.pkg
Message 19 of 22
szkodnik_byd
Aspirant

But is problem with working on new windows 10 - that netgear would fix it ??

netgear would wont to gave us redycloud, and dont develop ouer doftware ??

we should buy new 200 series and will be OK - but change NAS becouse is new version is idiotic

Message 20 of 22
billv686
Aspirant

ReadyCloud stopped working on two ReadyNAS NV+ units after receiving an email that the last firmware upgrade notice I received was not applicable to the NV+ V1 unit TODAY.  Nothing else has changed, but the client can not login to the Netgear Ready Cloud any longer.  I am using Windows 10 which has worked fine with the Remote access for the past few weeks.  Whats the story????

Bill V

Message 21 of 22
StephenB
Guru

Remote is actually different from ReadyCloud.  ReadyCloud is OS-6 only.

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements