Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD prompts you to sign in with your MyNETGEAR.com account credentials. NOT

pfrehner
Guide

ReadyCLOUD prompts you to sign in with your MyNETGEAR.com account credentials. NOT

very frustrated and confused

followed instructions and logged into readycloud.netgear.com  

not prompted to convert account

have a mynetgear.com account

you are forcing us to change but not making it easy

Message 1 of 14
wagb278
Star

Re: ReadyCLOUD prompts you to sign in with your MyNETGEAR.com account credentials. NOT

I agree with the original poster (pfrehner) the instructions are not correct and I have no understanding of how to convert to the new SSO system.

I signed on to ReadyCLOUD with my credentials and that took me to my NAS (RN102 with F/W 6.4.2) - the third step in these instructions (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30598) cannot be performed because there is no " I don't have a MyNETGEAR Account" link to click on.  Thus I cannot continue with the instructions. 

NetGEAR - please update the instructions so they work.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 2 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello pfrehner,

Welcome to the community!

The migration has not started yet. I believe you will receive an email about the migration and instructions. You only do this after you update the firmware to 6.5.0. Please make sure to read the release notes of the firmware once the official release is out and available for download. If you are using a BETA 6.5.0 firmware, see ReadyNASOS 6.5.0 Beta: ReadyCLOUD usage with MyNETGEAR accounts.

Regards,

Message 3 of 14
Jfelmus
Aspirant

Confirming the string of user frustrations on the migration process. This process has been handled badly by NetGear.

The migration process is not ready yet on the NetGear side? In the interim, I should update the firmware on my NAS and then I wait to receive an email with thorough instructions on how to migrate?

Tech support, please confirm this. Thanks!

Message 4 of 14
StephenB
Guru

If you install 6.5.0 beta now, then there are migration instructions in the beta forum.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyNASOS-6-5-0-Beta-ReadyCLOUD-usage-with-M...

Or wait for 6.5 to be released. If the instructions are still unclear, just check back here.

Message 5 of 14
ade_t
Aspirant

I have had an email containing the following:

Dear******,
This email message is to notify you that your ReadyCLOUD account is changing to a MyNETGEAR single sign-on account. By migrating your existing ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR single sign-on account, we offer you one single sign-on account to manage all your NETGEAR products. This transition will take place in early May.

To continue to use ReadyCLOUD, you must follow these steps:

1. Create or migrate your ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR.com single sign-on account.

After the transition, when you visit ReadyCLOUD, you will be prompted to migrate to a MyNETGEAR account. During the migration, you will be asked to enter your existing ReadyCLOUD account credentials; this allows the NETGEAR server to associate your ReadyCLOUD and MyNETGEAR accounts.

2. Upgrade your ReadyNAS firmware to version 6.5.0.

After the transition, the first time that you log in to your ReadyNAS system or the ReadyCLOUD portal, you will be prompted to update your ReadyNAS firmware to version 6.5.0.
Note: You do NOT need to update router firmware.

3. Update your ReadyCLOUD apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.

Follow the upgrade prompt in the app or in the app store.

All of the content and your ReadyCLOUD configuration that was accessible by your ReadyCLOUD account will continue to be accessible by your new MyNETGEAR account.

For more information about how to update your ReadyCLOUD account:
• How do I upgrade my ReadyCLOUD account if I do not have a MyNETGEAR.com account?
• How do I upgrade my ReadyCLOUD account if I have a MyNETGEAR.com account?

To talk with other ReadyNAS and ReadyCLOUD users, visit the NETGEAR community.

Thank you and enjoy the new ReadyCLOUD and MyNETGEAR.com experience.

- The NETGEAR Team

Message 6 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@ade_t wrote:

I have had an email containing the following...

You and everyone else.  The key phrase is bolded and underlined below.  The transistion has not yet begun.

I agree this could have been more clearly worded.

Dear******,
This email message is to notify you that your ReadyCLOUD account is changing to a MyNETGEAR single sign-on account. By migrating your existing ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR single sign-on account, we offer you one single sign-on account to manage all your NETGEAR products. This transition will take place in early May.

1. Create or migrate your ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR.com single sign-on account.

After the transition, when you visit ReadyCLOUD, you will be prompted to migrate to a MyNETGEAR account. During the migration, you will be asked to enter your existing ReadyCLOUD account credentials; this allows the NETGEAR server to associate your ReadyCLOUD and MyNETGEAR accounts.

After the transition, the first time that you log in to your ReadyNAS system or the ReadyCLOUD portal, you will be prompted to update your ReadyNAS firmware to version 6.5.0.

All of the content and your ReadyCLOUD configuration that was accessible by your ReadyCLOUD account will continue to be accessible by your new MyNETGEAR account.

For more information about how to update your ReadyCLOUD account:
• How do I upgrade my ReadyCLOUD account if I do not have a MyNETGEAR.com account?
• How do I upgrade my ReadyCLOUD account if I have a MyNETGEAR.com account?

To talk with other ReadyNAS and ReadyCLOUD users, visit the NETGEAR community.

Thank you and enjoy the new ReadyCLOUD and MyNETGEAR.com experience.

- The NETGEAR Team

Message 7 of 14
Klynton
Aspirant

Just created this account and came on the forum for exactly the same reason as everyone else in this post.

An email has arrived today saying that the transition is happening early may but that 'To continue to use ReadyCLOUD, you must follow these steps' so shockingly enough that's clearly made lots of people think this needs to be carried out NOW.

Step one in the instructions says the ReadyCloud account needs to be upgraded using steps that cannot be followed, Step two is to upgrade the NAS firmware. Yet in this very chain Netgear support are saying this is wrong and that it's the other way around?

Simply put, sort your release and deployment team out. This is a shambles.

And let's not even go into why in the instructions you say you have to click 'I don't have a mynetgear account' then click 'Upgrade my netgear account' (rather than, you know, having the two buttons side by side on the first screen like every single competent software developer in the world would do...).

Message 8 of 14
ade_t
Aspirant

I agree a complete shambles and very badly written instructions

Message 9 of 14
migall
Aspirant

Thanks for the above discusion. It has helped me make sense of my confusion. Perhaps someone can advise me about the mynetgear.com account required to access ReadyNAS units after the transition.

To date, my readycloud.com has allowed me to remotely access my RN31442 unit and my mynetgear.com account has simply been used to register products. When ReadyNAS firmware to version 6.5.0. is installed, will I access my unit via my existing mynetgear.com account, or will I have to create a new mynetgear.com account?

Regards

Michael

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 10 of 14
Csteffen70
Aspirant

I was provided the email as well.  In fact, I just recieved a reminder to go and migrate my account again.... There is no indication in my profile that I have been migrated, or still need to be...  

There is no indication of date, just that I must go do something, and from the wording, NOW....  

What will be the indication that we are ready to go?  The ready NAS will upgrade to 6.5.0?  The Note seems to imply that if my account is not migrated I will have issues with readyCloud... but again, I have no idea if I have a single sign on account or a ready cloud account...

Please clarify.

Message 11 of 14
StephenB
Guru

Note the phrase "After the transition..."

You will need to migrate, but not until the transistion happens.  It hasn't yet (and won't until 6.5.0 is released).  My guess is that will happen soon.

Message 12 of 14
pfrehner
Guide

at the end of the day - we need to wait until the "migration" has happened 

just a poorly worded email in my opinion.

stop trying to defend it

Message 13 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@pfrehner wrote:

stop trying to defend it

I am simply trying to explain that there is no need to anything yet.  There are a lot of theads on this, and over time my replies are becoming more concise.

I don't work for Netgear, and my mod status doesn't mean I have to defend their party line - and I often don't.  I agree it was poorly worded, and have said so in several replies on this issue.  I don't see the need to repeat that criticism in every single post.  So deal with it.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements