Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD setup problem

korauth
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD setup problem

I'm having trouble setting up ReadyCLOUD. On my ReadyNAS 314, when I turn on the ReadyCLOUD service, it says my user name and/or password are invalid. If I go to the ReadyCLOUD website, it won't discover my NAS but if I add it by serial number, it tries to connect its previous IP address which obviously doesn't work. I'm running 6.2.1, the most current update as of this posting. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: ReadyCLOUD setup problem

try logging in to the https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html first, once you're logged in, go to the interface of the NAS and login on the readycloud.
Message 2 of 4
rovingmedic
Tutor

I'm also having a hard time getting my RN316 discovered. I'm using the same credentials as my ReadyCLOUD login in the settings popup on the ReadyNAS web admin interface. I keep getting "User name or password is invalid" error message. Doing this while logged in on ReadyCLOUD or not does not make any difference (I even used the link provided in the previous email to access my ReadyCLOUD account). Neither the ReadyCLOUD discovery feature or the serial number search are able to find my ReadyNAS. The software manual and the website don't offer any help either.

I also noticed in the logs that each unsuccessful attempt results in the following log: DATE TIME Account: User 'XXXXXXXXX' has been deleted. (actual user name replaced with XXXXXXXXX for infosec)

My RN316 is able to access the internet as it has successfully upgraded the OS to 6.2.2 on initial startup. I used RAIDar to discover the unit on my network and access the admin page.

I'm at a loss as to what else to try. Please advise.
Message 3 of 4
rovingmedic
Tutor

Update:
I was able to get everything set up once I connected my laptop to my network using an Ethernet cable. Not sure why the ReadyCLOUD discovery tools are not working when my laptop is connected using wifi via DLAN homeplug access points.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements