Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD sync between multiple macs

bte4
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD sync between multiple macs

I had ReadyDROP working across multiple macs until a few months ago on my RN102, and then it just stopped syncing... After digging around on the forums, it appears ReadyDROP has been integrated into ReadyCLOUD... OK, fine. I was able to get the beta version of ReadyCLOUD running and my ReadyDROP folder appeared to be syncing, but then I noticed that all of my file date time stamps were being changed to today's date and time when they were copied. Is there anyway to keep the original time/date stamp? Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 3
ReadyNASinUK
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCLOUD sync between multiple macs

+1 on this question. Though PC's on my part.
Message 2 of 3
Leofwine
Tutor

Re: ReadyCLOUD sync between multiple macs

It has taken me a while to take the plunge as I have consistently failed to find any informative material about how ReadyCLOUD works on a Mac (I could not even find out how to download and install it) so, I have only just installed the beta of ReadyCLOUD on my Mac. I wanted to sync documents between two Macs so that the latest version was always on both but I can't really put my faith in it until I know it works and so far, I am unimpressed.

The ReadyCLOUD beta interface fills me with dread! At first, I thought that there were no check boxes next to the selections in settings but then noticed that the checkboxes are actually floating in midair between the ReadyCLOUD popup and the menu bar; to select them, you need to click the text and hope that the change actually applies.

I also encountered a near catastrophe because I clicked 'Backup Mac Folder' and then attempted to select a subfolder in the only perceivable way, by double-clicking a folder. Unfortunately, this initiated a backup of that entire (massive) folder and frantic clicking of the cancel button didn't seem to work - though it eventually did. It would be of great benefit to me to be able to backup more than just the main folders in my user folder - how can multiple users collaborate if only documents from a single user's account folder can be backed up?

I am, all in all, pretty disappointed with ReadyCLOUD. It was probably the main reason I switched to the RN102 which I recently bought. The website promotion gave the impression that ReadyCLOUD was up and running and not in an experimental, half finished state.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements