Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD won't backup new photos from my iPhone.

Superdan186
Tutor

ReadyCLOUD won't backup new photos from my iPhone.

ReadyCLOUD won't backup new photos from my iPhone anymore. Firmware 6.9.0. I have a lot of new photos it doesn't upload to my Nas anymore. It just say uploading but I wait until morning not moving at all.File.png

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 19
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Superdan186,

Would you please check "Settings" on media backup page top-right corner? Does it show "Backup Folder" correctly as your backup destination folder or "Not specified"?  If it is "Not specified", please select your backup destination folder and try again.

And would you please try to disable and enable media backup again to see if you still see issue?

Best Regards.

Message 2 of 19
Superdan186
Tutor

Yes I did all that already. I even deleted the app, set up again from scratch. Still wouldn’t backup new photos.
Message 3 of 19
Superdan186
Tutor

Yes I did, like I say I even deleted the app setup from scratch still won’t backup new photo. I have been using this app work fine until update. I notice every update firmware always screw something up.
Message 4 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Superdan186,

May I know the iOS version of your iPhone? Do you experience the same issue when you are using either the mobile connection or WiFi?

I would also suggest contacting NETGEAR Support and log a case so experts can assist with troubleshooting and escalate the case to higher tier.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 19
Superdan186
Tutor

My phone iOS 11.1.2. Yes no matter I used LTE, WiFi from my company or my home WiFi same issue. My newest photos won’t upload.
Message 6 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Superdan186,

We already reported this to the Readycloud engineering. We are still waiting for their feedback regarding this issue.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 19
Neuroillini
Aspirant

I'm having same issues with iPhone X latest iOS. Backs up Android (Samsung S8) media just fine. Any update from engineering?
Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 8 of 19
lacajun36
Aspirant

Same here

Message 9 of 19
John245
Tutor

Same issue here

Message 10 of 19
DoublePlusGood
Aspirant

Same issue here.

Is anything being done about this flaky software?

Message 11 of 19
rajeshs78
Aspirant

Same issue

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 12 of 19
John245
Tutor

Almost 2 months since issue is reported for the first time.

Is there any ETA for the fix.

Message 13 of 19
dnglbry
Tutor

Same issue, im using the most recent iOS update and app version.  Mine looks like it starts the backup process but stops after 300 photos.  Let it run overnight but no luck, its still stuck in the same spot.  When i check the HDD nothing is written to it, and i do have the backup folder selected.  Just tried uploading files from work and that works fine.  Any word on a solution for the iOS app issue?

Message 14 of 19
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @dnglbry

This issue has been reported alteady and is being investigated, are you receiving any errors during upload? May I know the location you are in?

It would be best if you can contact NETGEAR Support to open a case and be included on the investigation.

Regards

Message 15 of 19
dnglbry
Tutor

Not receiving any errors during upload.  Location is central TX, and ive tried doing the backup from my home WiFi and from cellular connection.  i also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and it seems to hang at the same point every time.

Message 16 of 19
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The issue is currently being investigated, an update will be provided once available.

I would advise contacting NETGEAR Support if possible so this can be included on the investigation.

Regards

Message 17 of 19
mawarnes
Aspirant

the app shows the files being copied, but they are not written to the network share

Message 18 of 19
StephenB
Guru

wrote:

the app shows the files being copied, but they are not written to the network share

@mawarnes - please post your problem on a new thread, and also include

• what model NAS?
  • what firmware it is running?
Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements