Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD

Mike-73
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD

Struggling to connect another user to ReadyCLOUD. I’ve managed to set up my own account on both pc and mobile however can’t get my colleague on despite successfully sharing a link via email. Once logged on from my colleagues account can’t spot the NAS any assistance greatly appreciated

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Mike-73
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCLOUD

John,

Found a solution, I accessed my readycloud sent another folder share link to my colleagues email address, this also copied the request email to my own address. I clicked on this, haven't done that before and it opened a box to allow / confirm.  I then logged in and thank goodness we can now access the folders from both iphone and PC

We are trying to get set up just in case we need to work from home, can you advise how many users that i could allow access without having any stability issues.

I'm assuming the link is live so if we were working on word document, hit save it would save back to the live document on the NAS?

Thanks for your assistance, time for a beer now

Mike

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 15

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mike-73,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you share the folder as a link or did you share with full folder access to the other ReadyCLOUD user? The other ReadyCLOUD user can only detect the NAS if he is invited with full folder access.

Regards,

Message 2 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

Thanks for responding I tried enabling full folder acess to each of the main folders on the NAS.
I’ve set him you with a ReadyCLOUD account, he is also a user on the NAS itself already with full access to all folders when we are connected in the office. Would it make any difference if I removed his password for the moment.
He does appear as a cloud user also when I log into the main NAS the symbol shows and envelope mine shows a cloud if that makes any sense.
Thanks for assistance we really need to sort
Message 3 of 15
Sandshark
Sensei

A ReadyCloud user and a local user are not the same user as far as the OS is concerned.  This may not be a part of your current issue, but it is important to know, especially if you use personal folders.  The personal folder of the local user will not be accessible by the Cloud user, and vice-versa.

Message 4 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

Thanks, i can access the cloud on my PC with my own login credentials. If i log out and then log in with my workmates details i can't see the NAS.  i can use the seriel number and it picks it up and i can get to the main admin page as well but I do the Admin, I'm set up as a user myself and have about 6 no. other users also set of with share access granted based on job role and need.

I think i've lined MyNETGEAR account with a ReadyCLOUD account.

If anyone else has a steer it would be much appreciated.

Message 5 of 15
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mike-73,

You can try logging in to the ReadyCLOUD portal using the ReadyCLOUD admin account, then go to the Manage tab. Check if you see the email of that user under the Shared folders.

If it is there, you can try deleting then re-inviting that user and see if that will fix it.

Regards,

Message 6 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

Thanks so much, i have also tried that no joy.

I can get the app on my iphone to work also but not my colleagues mobile.

One strange thing i did notice was that the user name it was requiring was Name_Surname which i hadn't set like it remember old setting from a previous NAS, maybe nothing?

Do i need any other software installed on his PC other than ReadyCLOUD

I believe i merge and also managed to BIND ready cloud set for my colleague and with  a mynetgear accounts i also set up for him , however  do i need to link to all clouds to a single mynetgear account though?

Message 7 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

Just as a little further info, when I try logging in on my iPhone with my colleagues details I get the following

There is no ReadyCLOUD device managed by your NETGEAR account.
To register your device, go to the ReadyCLOUD page in your device's local admin page.
If your device is already registered with ReadyCLOUD and you just upgraded to a NETGEAR account, see this FAQ

Not that I haven’t read the FAQ
Message 8 of 15
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mike-73,

Do i need any other software installed on his PC other than ReadyCLOUD

No, you do not need any other software to make it work?

I believe i merge and also managed to BIND ready cloud set for my colleague and with  a mynetgear accounts i also set up for him , however  do i need to link to all clouds to a single mynetgear account though?

No, each cloud user should have their own myNETGEAR account.

Is this happening on all invited users or on just one specific user?

Regards,

Message 9 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

Hi John,
Thanks for your persistence it’s much appreciated.
It’s just on the one user, that I’ve tried to set up other than myself. When I share folders from cloud my colleague receives the email however then the link doesn’t work I can’t connect him from PC or from a iPhone
Message 10 of 15
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mike-73,

What happens when your colleague click the link on email invitation? Normally, it will ask you to login to the ReadyCLOUD  if you already have an existing myNETGEAR account. Once he logged in, he should get a message that the invitation was co firmed.

Regards,

Message 11 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

John,

Found a solution, I accessed my readycloud sent another folder share link to my colleagues email address, this also copied the request email to my own address. I clicked on this, haven't done that before and it opened a box to allow / confirm.  I then logged in and thank goodness we can now access the folders from both iphone and PC

We are trying to get set up just in case we need to work from home, can you advise how many users that i could allow access without having any stability issues.

I'm assuming the link is live so if we were working on word document, hit save it would save back to the live document on the NAS?

Thanks for your assistance, time for a beer now

Mike

Message 12 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

When my colleague followed the link on his email it didn't work.

When i tried the link, as i was copied in as the account admin i clicked on it and the confirm button came up and following that we could access the shared folders on the cloud.

Message 13 of 15
Mike-73
Aspirant

Following on from my previous quest, now that I have shared with one colleague a fellow director can I seek advice from anyone as to how many employees I could add share our entire project file directory without risking any issues with crashing or slow access issues or worse still loosing access if we are all remote from the office. I don’t want to risk loss of connectivity as I understand I need to actually be in the office to access the NAS main control panel. There would be ideally 6 staff members able to access the files.

Assuming if we all needed to work from home we could all access the NAS open and work on for example a word or excel document live and save back to the NAS.
Any advice greatly appreciated as we find ourselves in unprecedented times
Many thanks all
Mike
Message 14 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Mike-73 wrote:
 can I seek advice from anyone as to how many employees I could add share our entire project file directory without risking any issues with crashing or slow access issues or worse still losing access if we are all remote from the office. 

ReadyCloud is a best-effort free service, so there are no guarantees (and there have been service outages in the past).  The answer when the service is running normally depends in part on the internet speed in your main office (both upload and download), so it would be useful to add that.

I would recommend downloading the documents to the local PC, editing, and then uploading them (instead of editing directly from the NAS).

FWIW, deploying a VPN in the router would put the service quality under your control, so it might be something you want to put in place (using ReadyCloud in the meantime).  At the very least, it would give you access to your company network (and the ability to administer the NAS) while you are home - even if ReadyCloud fails.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements