Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD???

KillerBob
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD???

I am trying to get ReadyCLOUD to work on my Pioneer Pro (which is running 6.2)...

1) I enabled ReadyCLOUD on the Cloud tab,
2) Created a user on ReadyCLOUD and used the ID to log into ReadyCLOUD on the NAS,
3) I selected a share in the ReadyCLOUD page and the user has read/write access.

I can see the NAS when I log into the web page, and by see it I mean all the shares, not just the one I selected... Also, I downloaded the ReadyCLOUD app onto my iPad, but when I log in I can see the unit, but no shares???

Any suggestions what is going on?
Message 1 of 5
KillerBob
Aspirant

Also, my ReadyNAS does not show up on the "Discover" tab on ReadyCLOUD... Is there something I have to do to make it show up there?
Message 2 of 5
KillerBob
Aspirant

I can't be the only one trying to get ReadyCLOUD working on a legacy device...

6.2 runs fine on my Pioneer Pro as well as my Ultra 2. I created a Remote Admin account, and I log into ReadyCLOUD on the web. I add a user, and assign him rights on a share. On my iPad I use the ReadyCLOUD IOS app ver. 1.4.3 to access the NAS, and it does see the NAS (which is online), but when I click on it, I do not get access to the share. If I sign into ReadyCLOUD via Safari it works fine...
Message 3 of 5
KillerBob
Aspirant

OK - solved:)

I got tired of it not working, and wanting to use ReadyCLOUD really bad, I went back to basics. It turns out that you have to have enabled SMB on any share you want to access via the ReadyCLOUD app. It makes NO sense, but you'll have to enable SMB, giving access to the user you log in with via the app, in order to allow any apple device to access your ReadyNAS. It is totally stupid that this is not via AFP, and that it does not state this in the user manuals, at least not from what I have been able to find.

So, enable SMB and you can share your ReadyNAS shares to an IOS device via the ReadyCLOUD setup.
Message 4 of 5
dhonzik
Aspirant

The only way I got the NAS to be recognized is by entering the serial number
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements