Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud Setup...throttling my upload speed.

smprc
Aspirant

ReadyCloud Setup...throttling my upload speed.

Ok, this is interesting to me, but I can't figure out why.
When I install ReadyCloud to my windows 7 machine so that I can use the readydrop feature, it works great. Sometimes it feels a little sluggish, but I can deal with that. Love how I can share my files between two computers and the NAS. Works as advertised for me.

However, on my remote computer when I have this program installed my upload speeds are throttled to almost nothing. I took a screen shot of the speedtest results, I UNinstalled readycloud and did the test again and my upload speeds went back to normal.

I have been dealing with this for quite some time.

Anyone have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
krgoodwin
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud Setup...throttling my upload speed.

I have discovered the same problem. With the ReadyCLOUD client running my Internet upload speeds drop from 12.15 Mbps to 0.76 Mbps. No impact to the download speeds. My boot times went from 20 seconds to over 2 minutes having installed the ReadyNAS RN104. It has gotten to the point where the problems are beginning to outweigh the improvements I was seeking with the ReadyNAS. Ken Goodwin, Houston, TX
Message 2 of 3
krgoodwin
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud Setup...throttling my upload speed.

I broached the subject with Netgear Technical Support and was told that was how the ReadyNAS Client worked (It sucks up 95% of my PC's Internet upload resource 100% of the time even when the ReadyNAS is turned off). My response was that if I had to chose between the Internet and the ReadyNAS client, guess which one I would chose? For me that wasn't the only performance degradation, my boot up time went from 20 seconds to over 2 minutes which invalidates why I installed an SSD on the machine. Ken Goodwin, Houston, TX
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements