Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud Shares / Subfolders

mlswayze
Aspirant

ReadyCloud Shares / Subfolders

I am requesting information to see if the following is available for ReadyCloud access to shares:

I want to create a share that contains subfolders.  I would like to have it set up where a "manager" can remotely access the main share as well as the subfolders under the "main" share.  I would then like to have individual access to each of the subfolders where a "employee" can access a single subfolder under the "main" share. 

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @miswayze

Unfortunately, setting up permissions on Subfolders through ReadyCloud or on the NAS Admin page is not possible. The best way is to provide each user to have their own share.

You may want to check on this article Setting subfolder permissions on ReadyNAS OS, Configuring access rights on ReadyCloud and ReadyCloud Permissions FAQ

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @miswayze

Unfortunately, setting up permissions on Subfolders through ReadyCloud or on the NAS Admin page is not possible. The best way is to provide each user to have their own share.

You may want to check on this article Setting subfolder permissions on ReadyNAS OS, Configuring access rights on ReadyCloud and ReadyCloud Permissions FAQ

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements