Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud User Can't Access Shares

dschwartzer
Luminary

ReadyCloud User Can't Access Shares

I have set up a new ReadyCloud user for my RN526X, running OS 6.6.0.  I gave them full folder access and they received the invitation email.  In my Shared user list (on the ReadyCloud portal) it showed the envelop icon.

The user accepted the invitation and sees the shared folder (called Shared) and his Home folder and the icon for the Shared Users changes the the People icon.  However, when I look at the Home folders (as the Admin) his user ID/email is not listed.

When he goes into his Home folder, the Upload icon is grayed out so he can't add fiules to it.  For the Shared folder he can use the upload icon but anything he tries to upload fails almost immediately with an error message that the upload failed.

I set up another user a couple of days ago and they did not have any problems and they have access to the same (and other) Shares and I see their Home folder in the list.

I have tried deleing this user and re-inviting him but get the same result.  Is this a problem with my unit or a problem with ReadyCloud?  Anyone else have this problem?

Regards,

David

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dschwartzer,

Try installing ReadyCloud desktop app on the computer and have that user login and access the shares via SMB, from there the user should have a home folder automatically. Then check again the shares under Home share of admin page if you will see the user's personal share.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dschwartzer,

Try installing ReadyCloud desktop app on the computer and have that user login and access the shares via SMB, from there the user should have a home folder automatically. Then check again the shares under Home share of admin page if you will see the user's personal share.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

@dschwartzer wrote:

The user accepted the invitation and sees the shared folder (called Shared) and his Home folder and the icon for the Shared Users changes the the People icon.  However, when I look at the Home folders (as the Admin) his user ID/email is not listed.

---This is expected behavior. Before user access via SMB or AFP, his own home folder with email address named folder would not list under "Home" share.

When he goes into his Home folder, the Upload icon is grayed out so he can't add fiules to it. 

----On readycould portal UI, the "Home" folder is as parent folder of user's personal home folders. And it is read-only. So the Upload icon is gradyed out when you in "Home" folder. But after the invited user access NAS via SMB or AFP, the email address named home folder for this user would generate. And go into the email address named home folder, this user have full access to his own personal home folder.
For the Shared folder he can use the upload icon but anything he tries to upload fails almost immediately with an error message that the upload failed.
----Which browser do you use to upload? Safari or others?

Hi dschwartzer,

Please see my comments above.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
dschwartzer
Luminary

Hi BingkeX:

Thanks for your note.  I think I'm confused.

This is a remote user.  he will only access the server over ReadyCloud.  In that case, won't he never connect via SMB or AFP?

Regards,

David

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The desktop app uses SMB or AFP.

Message 5 of 7
dschwartzer
Luminary

Got it.  I have asked him to try access through the desktop app but haven't heard back yet.  Will follow-up tomorrow and will report back.

Message 6 of 7
dschwartzer
Luminary

When the user first tried to connect he got the No Coonected devices message.  I cycled ReadyCloud on the server (Off and back On) and then deletred him from the server and re-invited him and this time it worked so he now has access and can upload.

Thanks for all your help.  I will mark this as Solved.

regards,

David

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements