Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud VPN issue

ReadyCloud VPN issue

Hi guys,

For the past few years your ReadyCLOUD VPN app for Windows and worked well.

During the past few weeks though, it refuses to connect on either PC or Mac.

On Mac, it goes to Online (Disconnected), and now on PC it gives me an error when I try to login - "ReadCLOUD server is unavailable".

This is a huge problem for clients who depend on this feature.

I have updated Firmware to the latest version, and the app is up to date as well.

Please urgently advise when this will be properly resolved once and for all - it is seriously denting the reputation of what is otherwise a great product.

Kind regards,

Tibor Szabo.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: ReadyCloud VPN issue

Szia Tibor,

The problem with the reputation of the ReadyCloud Apps for Windows and Mac does already start (and fail) with the fact that the installer is not properly signed, and therefore barely trusted by decent Windows and MacOS systems. Can't be users need to apply tricks and workarounds to get it up and running. Netgear tsk tsk tsk.

Once installed and logged-in, both the MacOS (can't check version right now) and the Windows ReadyCloud Client (v1.17) are reliably starting and connecting either local (same LAN) or remote (as VPN), currently to some x86 based v6.10.0 (RC1) ReadyNAS - no more ARM based ReadyNAS - and to a R9000 router.

Can you access ReadyCloud using the Web browser from the locations causing issues on https://readycloud.netgear.com ?

Tried temporary using alternate DNS instead of some ISP DNS (as some are oversmart trying to block P2P like addresses)?

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements