Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud access

basshead2k
Guide

ReadyCloud access

I am in the process of changing ISP's and the associated ISP-related email addresses (most painful process - worse than changing physical residential address!).

I have two RN102 devices and recently been having problems connecting and logging in using the phone app to backup photos from two iPhones to the NAS.  Even logging out and in again presents empty folder contents listings (but the folder names are displayed)

I thought I had updated everything associated with ReadyNAS/MyNetgear/ReadyCloud but I have noticed one of the devices still had my old ISP email address in the ReadyCloud tab.  I clicked "Leave" and set it up again with the new email address, but it's still coming up as red "X" for "Services Available".  I've read other threads stating to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 in the Network tab from the NAS web page and it made no difference.

I have updated both NAS to latest firmware 6.10.2 and that has fixed the red "X".

I have logged into readycloud.netgear.com and it shows both NAS devices in the Discover tab, and both with the cloud icon to the left of each device in the list.  In the "Manage" tab on readycloud website it only shows one of the NAS devices.

It seems to be a Cloud issue as the nightly backups between the NAS are still working, or does the website only show one device at a time?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 5
basshead2k
Guide

Re: ReadyCloud access

Still not working.....

Using the ReadyCLOUD app on iPhone8 to backup photos from iPhone to NAS has been very temperamental; used to work simply by loading the app and clicking “backup” but increasingly have had to reselect the backup folder and other times nothing worked unless I logged out and back in, but the app would freeze with “logging in” spinning circle displayed and I had to forcibly close the app and restart it and would imply I was logged in but I couldn’t access the NAS or do a backup of photos or select any folders (initially the folder names displayed but now nothing at all)
Message 2 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@basshead2k

Welcome to the Community

Have you tried using the app on another phone and still having the issue? Can you try to toggle the ReadyCloud service on the NAS and set DNS entries on the Network settings of the NAS NIC.

Kindly add your Router address and Google DNS (8.8.8.8)

HTH

Regards

Message 3 of 5
basshead2k
Guide

I can’t remember if I had those DNS numbers set, but from what I recall, it stated working on both phones a few days later without changing any settings
Message 4 of 5
PrestonMay
Aspirant

Readycloud app on 2019 Macbook Pro. says Connected VPN offline.   Things I have done..

All updates performed on Macbook Pro and Nas.  uninstalled Readycloud app and re installed, made sure DNS setting were 8.8.8.8.   Read through the forms and tried all suggestions to no avail.   However on my windows 10 laptop works fine, just not on my MacBook.

Any ideas?

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements