Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud and old NIC address

mads0100
Guide

ReadyCloud and old NIC address

I'm having a problem with ReadyCloud and my RN104. It seems to be stuck on my 104's previous IP address (192.168.1.131) when it was on DHCP and I can't figure out how to get it to change it. I've tried rebooting it to no avail. In addition, when I try to log into the GUI and connect to my ReadyCloud account from the NAS it tells me that the username and password are bad.

Thank you! You guys are great.

Chris

Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyCloud and old NIC address

Can you reach it? Or is your current router's IP address range something other than 192.168.1.x?
Message 2 of 9
mads0100
Guide

I can reach it on the network no issues.
Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

And you tried to change it to a static address? Or reserve a DHCP address in your router?
Message 4 of 9
mads0100
Guide

I did change it to a static IP.
Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps try changing it again (revert to DHCP, reboot, then set a static address and reboot again).

Generally I recommend reserving addresses in the router (assuming it supports that feature).

What firmware are you running?
Message 6 of 9
mads0100
Guide

I'm running 6.2.2. I did find out I can reserve IP addresses via my router. Is there a benefit to doing this over the normal static IP? Also, I found out that it had to do with me 'bonding' the ethernet ports together. Apparently it kept it's lease on the old address and for some reason that is what ReadyCloud was looking for.

Unbonding allowed me to fix it.
Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Reserving an IP address in the router is a bit more robust. If you switch to a new ISP (or just another router) you often end up with a different IP address range. If the address is static and you forget to reset it when you change routers, then you need an OS reinstall to reset to DHCP. Reserving in the router eliminates that scenario.

Bonding doesn't give any performance gain in the RN100 series, personally I wouldn't bother with it.
Message 8 of 9
mads0100
Guide

Thank you so much for your help Stephen!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements