Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud does not connect (Apps or portal)

jah313
Tutor

ReadyCloud does not connect (Apps or portal)

I have two 516's and they are both on the same network (for now). The firmware is updated and they run fine when I am in the office and connected via hardwire or WiFi. But, when away from the office I can't connect to see the files with the portal or app. Maybe 1 out of 50 tries I get a connection. The portal show the devices but wont show the files. The app logs in without a problem and will try to connect for up to 5 minutes before the program closes itself. I have reinstalled the app. The mobile client does not connect either.

Please help because I need to work remotely with the files!

Is there an easier/faster way to connect directly to the devices?

Replicate runs everynight to backup to other other machine and never seems to have a problem. 

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyCloud does not connect (Apps or portal)

You can alternatively access files with ftps.  To do that you'd need to allocate different control ports (and passive ports) for each machine and forward them to the respective NAS in the router.  Usually 4 passive ports are enough.  You'll also need to set up a ddns service for the router.

For instance, set up 54320 as the control port for NAS 1, with passive ports 54321-54325.  Use 54330 as the control port for NAS 2, with passive ports 54331-54336.

I like filezilla as the FTP client, since I can then leave masquerade off.  You can set up address book entries in filezilla for each NAS. 

Message 2 of 5
jah313
Tutor

That sounds like a great solution, but I am not sure how to do that. Is there a thread somewhere else where I can learn about the setup?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

I sketched it out above.  There are a couple of similar threads on the forum, for instance here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/FTP-access-configurations-how-to/td-p/830603

Message 4 of 5
jah313
Tutor

Thank you!!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements