Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud doesn't work with T-Mobile

ryanrk
Apprentice

ReadyCloud doesn't work with T-Mobile

I recently was unable to connect to my nas from readycloud on iPhone on the T-mobile network.         I use to be able until recently. It was recently that it stopped working. I did a posting on T-mobiles forums and they suggest I check with the app owner first to make sure it wasn't on this end.  This app works fine on any wifi network and I made sure the cellear option was enabled. 

Here is the tmobile post I did.  

https://support.t-mobile.com/message/610574#610574

Is this something that I can do to make this work?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ryanrk,

If your iPhone with ReadyCloud works on another network then it means there is a something with T-Mobile network blocking the app. There must be recent changes made on their network since that used to work.

ReadyCloud uses VPN to connect to the server on the Internet that will authenticate your access, I suggest checking this with T-Mobile if they can help adjust some settings on their end not to block the VPN ports.

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ryanrk,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 9
ryanrk
Apprentice

So Tmobile replied saying that there network uses IPV6 exclusively and thinks that ReadyCloud app on IOS isn't IPV6 compatible.   Is ReadyCloud app IPv6 compatible?  Could this be the reason why it doenst work?  

Here's the Tmobile thread.  https://support.t-mobile.com/message/610990#610990

Message 4 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That is the reason. ReadyCLOUD uses an IPv4 connection.

Message 5 of 9
ryanrk
Apprentice

According to apple https://developer.apple.com/support/ipv6/.  All apps need to support ipv6 only connections.   Is this something that will be updated in the near future?

Message 6 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ryanrk,

Perhaps you can post a suggestion at idea exchange board.

Regards,

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Perhaps you can post a suggestion at idea exchange board.

Just to clarify the suggestion:  You need the VPN to run over an IPv6-only network.  The VPN itself could still use IPv4 addresses.

Message 8 of 9
ryanrk
Apprentice

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements