ReadyCloud "no volume or usb disk" error message

SOLVED
jbuchal
Tutor

I have been using ReadyCloud for a long time without problems.  Now I cannot acces the NAS remotely, though it still works fine on the local network.  I can sign in just fine, but can't see anything, and it tells me "no volume or usb disk".  A real problem when trying to work at home for COVID-19.

Based on other posts, I tried:

• Making sure firmware was updated 
  • Rebooting the NAS
  • Turning the ReadyCloud Service off and on
  • Verifying that there was a cloud user listed with my e-mail
  • Verifying that HTTP, HTTPS and UPnP services were running
  • Verifying that static DNS for IPv4 were working (IPv6 left auto)

This has been a good product, but this is a real problem.  What else can I try?  

Model: RN212D22|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (2x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud "no volume or usb disk" error message

Hi all,

There was an issue in viewing the shared folders on the ReadyCLOUD web portal but this should be fixed now. Please check if you are now able to see the shared folders on the web portal.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jbuchal
Tutor

One interesting clue:  when I try and log in remotely, I can see the model number (212).  I can see "home folders" and under that, only an empty folder named for the e-mail address of the cloud account, but nothing else.

I wonder whether Netgear modified some arcane security setting in an upgrade and caused this problem.

Message 2 of 6
jbuchal
Tutor

Just to build on the security settings issue, the things I want to access are in a folder called "documents".  According to the setting, "everyone" has read/write access, but the particular settings for the cloud access user are grayed out (see attached screen shots).

Message 3 of 6
DestinyD
Aspirant

This is happening to me as well. I've completed all the same troubleshooting steps as above. I've noticed that there is a blue checkmark where the services online should be on the Cloud tab, but when I mouse over, the box is empty so there's no useful information. Any suggestions would be welcome. 

Model: RN426|ReadyNAS 426 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 4 of 6
luckyo
Aspirant

I have the same problem.
Two readynas are being used and both have the same symptoms.
I can't find shared folders/files in web browser.

But, "ReadyCLOUD.If you run exe" and look at it, you'll read the file&folders normally.
I guess it's not a NAS configuration or firmware issue. I'd like to solution from Netgear.

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 5 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi all,

There was an issue in viewing the shared folders on the ReadyCLOUD web portal but this should be fixed now. Please check if you are now able to see the shared folders on the web portal.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6