Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud replaces ReadyNAS Remote and other confusion...

geekstar331
Tutor

ReadyCloud replaces ReadyNAS Remote and other confusion...

The release notes for 6.2 says that ReadNAS Remote has been replaced by ReadyCloud and a ReadyCloud PC Desktop app... Unfortunately, I cannot get live help via Netgear support because I am outside of the 90 day window on my NAS.

Here is the problem:
I am unable to get the ReadyCloud desktop app to successfully establish a remote VPN connection to my ReadyNAS 102 the way ReadyNAS Remote did. It works fine when I am on the local network. But not remotely. I use my ReadyCloud login credentials on the desktop app but it only says "Online (VPN Disconnected)". I hit the refresh button, which puts it in "connecting..." mode for a long time, then it finally comes back again only to say it can see the NAS is online, but can't connect via VPN to display the shares.

Note that using the readycloud.netgear.com website works fine. I can see my shares via the web just fine. It is the desktop client app that is not working.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 15
geekstar331
Tutor

Re: ReadyCloud replaces ReadyNAS Remote and other confusion.

See also my ReadyCloud feedback in this section...

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78796
Message 2 of 15
david8704
Star

I have the same problem... this is what the Mac OS X log says:

2014-12-04 11:42:50,131 ReadyCLOUD[303]: -[LeafManager loginFinished:error:] :david.xxxxx Error Domain=LeafP2PDomain Code=-100 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (LeafP2PDomain error -100.)"
Message 3 of 15
grimloch
Aspirant

Windows Desktop client is NOT working for me either. ReadyCLOUD indicates they are both "Online (VPN Disconnected)"

Is this working for anyone (remotely) ?
Message 4 of 15
grimloch
Aspirant

Rebooting both readynas boxes once or twice ended up solving the problem.

But now iTunes server is no longer displayed across Readycloud vpn, whereas it was broadcast over readynas remote : \

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Message 5 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have the ReadyCloud firewall enabled or disabled?
Message 6 of 15
grimloch
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Do you have the ReadyCloud firewall enabled or disabled?

I can't find any settings for ReadyCLOUD firewall. I've checked the windows software, ReadyCLOUD NAS settings, and my readycloud.netgear.com account. Where can the firewall be enabled/disabled?
Message 7 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Experienced this issue as well (VPN disconnected), reboots does not seem to help.
Message 8 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

grimloch wrote:

I can't find any settings for ReadyCLOUD firewall. I've checked the windows software, ReadyCLOUD NAS settings, and my readycloud.netgear.com account. Where can the firewall be enabled/disabled?

So, upon looking it appears that there is a setting on the ReadyNAS Remote on the NAS that you can set a port number 6300 (default). Can you try opening port 6300 and forward it to the local IP of the NAS?

Edit*

this setting can be found at Cloud>ReadyNAS Remote>Settings>Security
Message 9 of 15
IanWilson
Aspirant

I think I may have a similar issue, can someone advise. I've got a 314 on OS6.2.2. The NAS shows ReadyCloud, Remote and Replicate as all on, and shows ticks for internet access etc. so all looks good on the GUI. I can access the shares via readycloud on the LAN, but if I try remotely over the internet (WAN) it said the unit was disconnected. I tried again later and then I could access the shares via readycloud!

Are there some recommended ports that I should forward to the unit and if so which ones? I am on a residential router and all ports outbound are enabled from the NAS's IP.
Message 10 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Ian, try 6300. Perhaps also configure FTP (you can use FTPS), then you have another WAN option.
Message 11 of 15
grimloch
Aspirant

Nhellie wrote:
grimloch wrote:

So, upon looking it appears that there is a setting on the ReadyNAS Remote on the NAS that you can set a port number 6300 (default). Can you try opening port 6300 and forward it to the local IP of the NAS?

Edit*

this setting can be found at Cloud>ReadyNAS Remote>Settings>Security

I messed around with the port forwarding but it didn't help the situation. It would be really nice to be able to turn the firewall off like it was possible with the former Windows Remote standalone app. The same functionality would be nice to have in the Android/iOS apps, too.
Message 12 of 15
StephenB
Guru

grimloch wrote:
It would be really nice to be able to turn the firewall off like it was possible with the former Windows Remote standalone app. The same functionality would be nice to have in the Android/iOS apps, too.
Kind of depends on the device security model. If malware can automatically turn a firewall off, then bad things can happen.
Message 13 of 15
StormCloud
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud replaces ReadyNAS Remote and other confusion...

We have this issue on a 516 and a 312 in different locations with version 6.4.2. After 3 weeks NETGEAR said that this is an issue in certain cases and are working on a fit. No ETA.
Message 14 of 15
StormCloud
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud replaces ReadyNAS Remote and other confusion...

NETGEAR is aware of the problem and this should be fixed in the next release (6.5). There are infrustructure upgrades that NETGEAR need to perform. Both of these fixes are few months away. The issue is with the leafp2p, and restarting the leafp2p may fix it for a bit. When restarting the leafp2p, you may knock off your ReadyCloud users and interrupt Relicate.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements