Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud server is unavailable

MalcolmT
Apprentice

Same here I'm afraid.  I just tried the two Windows Server 2012 and the same result although later server versions are working fine

Message 26 of 40
mkrt
Star

yes, same, but it is now trying to connect for a couple of mins instead of being immediately discarded, so there is a difference.

Message 27 of 40
MalcolmT
Apprentice

I’m just getting the same unavailable message immediately
Message 28 of 40
mkrt
Star

hey, i've just logged in. it seems to work now

Message 29 of 40
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Me too!

Is there anywhere we can get info about what was wrong?  It would be useful info (particularly with contact details) for the future.

Message 30 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yep same with me, its working but slightly slower on my Win 7 Pro 32 bit. Ive still got an issue from a couple of years ago where the ReadyCloud Desktop interface has a PRJNAME heading and the various buttons have odd names, but at least I can Log in now from that Desktop. Both Win 10 Pro 64 bit Laptops still working ok so far.

Model: RN31441D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 1TB Desktop)
Message 31 of 40
mkrt
Star

@Retired_Memberi'm not sure if this still works but i had this problem too, here's the thread - https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Cloud-Storage/ReadyCloud-Desktop-Client-ERR-NETWORK-ERR-CONNECT/m-p/1721281

Message 32 of 40
mkrt
Star

also have just noticed that you still get an error if you try to check for app updates but everything else works.

Message 33 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for that Link, yes indeed I did try that during the original Post date but no success, at least now I'm happy to be able to Log back into ReadyCloud on the Win 7 Desktop although the Version Check/Update button still throws an Error message as someone else pointed out.

Cheers

Model: RN31441D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 1TB Desktop)
Message 34 of 40
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Good day everyone, has anyone tried to use the ReadyCloud app again on WIn7? Can you please check if it is working back to normal?

Many thanks

Message 35 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes I checked last night on Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, its working OK but still does not show version no. And version update check still gives the Network Error message.
Message 36 of 40
mkrt
Star

confirm that that the app works for except app update button.

Message 37 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes it does work OK, logs on fine and I can see and access shares created by another machine (win 10) Its just the version check that fails with the network error on the win 7 desktop. I even went back to version 1.19 to see if it notified me of an update but no joy.
Cheers Simon
Message 38 of 40
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the feedback, I have reported this and will be checked.

Message 39 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Cheers Marc. Thank you very much.
Regards Simon
Message 40 of 40
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 39 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 6 in conversation