Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud share sync to PC never ends

sxchapma
Aspirant

ReadyCloud share sync to PC never ends

I have a ReadyNAS 104 with the most recent firmware running at home.

I had been using the old PC software but got rid of it and now am trying out the new ReadyCloud windows software.
While the look and ease if use if pretty good, one of the basic features doesn't seem to want to work.

I clicked "Sync on PC" to my documents folder and ReadyCloud created a directory under my user directory and started to sync the shared folder.
It has been running now for 5 days, never reaching "Sycnchronizing 100%" it seems to get to around 75% then cycles from indexing (which is at 100%) and downloading.
I would think it would be finished trying to figure out if it has everything by now.

It is connected locally over the lan and my speed to and from the NAS is good.

does anyone know what is going on? Is there a deadlock or something constantly altering my filesystem that sync keeps trying to catch up with?

thanks
Scott

Message 1 of 3
nikoniko
Tutor

Hi

I am having the same issue with RadyNAS 102, with the latest fw 6.2.5

Is there any solution to this problem?

Also I have noticed that the ReadyDrop process keeps my disc busy constantly at a level of at least 50%.

With this rate I would propably have to replace the disc within the year

brg

Nikolas

Message 2 of 3
nikoniko
Tutor

The issue is stilll not resolved with the latest release 6.4.1 and the latest ReadyCloud application on Windows 10 but I found a solution to an application by Microsoft called SyncToy.

It does exasctly what I want. You set up a local folder and remote folder on ReadyNAS and it will sync the folders.

For the android devices  I found FolderSync which works similarly settign up a local folder on the internal memory or on the external sdcard and then you can select a SMB server to sync.

Hope it helps you sync your files.

Nikolas

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements